Southwest Pilots Have A Ta!

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Oh, I really really really can't wait to see the scope and codeshare language, especially after hearing the news from airTran today.
Interesting that this happened the day after the Head Shed 40 went to HQ for a show of unity. Great grass roots undertaking by a few getting tired of the length of all this.
Congratulations!
Great job you guys!! While I realize none of us yet know exactly what the TA actually says, it is nonetheless great to hear that the pilot group and the management group were able to put their heads together and work something out.

The art of negotiations always has been and always will be crafting a "win-win" solution. Management has to be happy, and the pilots have to be happy. Which generally means BOTH sides have to compromise here and there to get to a successful outcome for EVERYBODY at the bargaining table.

For those of us in the pool, it is probably difficult to say how this will affect our status.

Regardless, it will be a privilege to be invited to join the SWA team whenever that invitation may come!
The SWAPA email is identical to the company posting
Great news for SWA and hopefully all of us in the whole industry...."A rising tide lifts all boats"
Quote: Oh, I really really really can't wait to see the scope and codeshare language, especially after hearing the news from airTran today.
What is the news from AirTran today?
I'm hoping for $240/hour at SWA. One can dream.
How long was the contract expired?
Quote: How long was the contract expired?
I THINK since 2006.
One things for sure:

The SWA new contract will be a bellwether for where SWA management THINKS the industry is headed. In that context, details would be interesting "tea leaf" reading for the rest of us non-SWA pukes.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to