Online Degree Programs

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I have my PPL, and Associates degree in IT and am currently employed as an IT Analyst. I have been visiting different schools such as ATP, Ari-ben, different FBO's etc... I also want to get my Bachelors degree. Are there any better (or cheaper) options out there aside from UVU? At age 24, I don't want to go too long without generating my own income... So this is why I want to CFI (and hopefully a regional job as soon as I can) while working on my degree instead of attending a college physically full time.

UVU is about 19 grand I hear, and since I have my A.A.S. I should be able to cut that in half... Any other good options out there anyone is aware of?

Thanks
There are a lot of schools that offer online degrees now. A lot of time you can take online classes and get a B.A. in Business or something from a local state school. Take a look at those first, usually cheaper for in-state stuff.

I'm taking online classes from Mountain State University, mainly because they give you credit for FAA certs and ratings. They charge $270/hour I think. (and no, don't get an aviation related degree if you can help it.)
Quote: There are a lot of schools that offer online degrees now. A lot of time you can take online classes and get a B.A. in Business or something from a local state school. Take a look at those first, usually cheaper for in-state stuff.

I'm taking online classes from Mountain State University, mainly because they give you credit for FAA certs and ratings. They charge $270/hour I think. (and no, don't get an aviation related degree if you can help it.)
What major are you taking at MSU?

(thanks for the response btw!)
Quote: What major are you taking at MSU?

(thanks for the response btw!)
Bachelors of Science in Aviation.
sounds good, but 270 sounds more expensive than UVU... What is the total cost of the degree minus your ratings? (And did you transfer any credits from a community college in the past or anything like that?)
Quote: sounds good, but 270 sounds more expensive than UVU... What is the total cost of the degree minus your ratings? (And did you transfer any credits from a community college in the past or anything like that?)
I don't know how much it's going to cost total as I'm not done yet... But I transferred in 25 hours from previous college (I had more, but they didn't take them all (grades)), and 40 hours from ratings.
Riddle's online aeronautical degree is actually a pretty good deal. You don't have to pay anything to transfer credits, and they'll give you 30 credits for Private through MEI. You only have to take 30 credits through them and can take whatever CLEP and Dantes tests fulfill the other requirements. I think they charge about $250 per credit hour.
Quote: Riddle's online aeronautical degree is actually a pretty good deal. You don't have to pay anything to transfer credits, and they'll give you 30 credits for Private through MEI. You only have to take 30 credits through them and can take whatever CLEP and Dantes tests fulfill the other requirements. I think they charge about $250 per credit hour.
Interesting... So who do I take the CLEP tests thru... someone else? then turn in the results to ERAU?

And I don't see anything about ERAU online.. do you have a link?

Thanks
Here's the link. If you're near one of their teaching sites (list) you may wanna go in and talk to a counselor face to face. The one I talked to recommended which cleps to take and emailed me the study guides, etc. If not, there's a worldwide online counselor you can talk to on the phone, try (800) 359-3728
They have one in Maguire AFB, NJ... Thats close enough to me for the drive (Philly). Thanks for the info, and i will definitely go and talk with them...
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to