Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
16246  16746  17146  17196  17236  17242  17243  17244  17245  17246  17247  17248  17249  17250  17256  17296  17346  17746  18246 
Page 17246 of 20173
Go to
Man, the Packers are just crushing teams lately.
Quote: Can't help you with the first one but...........

Sooooooo, do the Seahawks and 49ers now have the same record!?!

Neither one of our teams is doing that well this year.....

Buzz, it's lookin' like I'm gonna have to pay up in the near future!

Denny
So far, so good!! Aaron's on fire.
Quote: And Seattle got beat today...
Yeah, my daughter texted me. Just as glad I'm not home!

Denny
Quote: I was looking at the awards and noticed someone at 50% working Christmas and then some. I was curious if they bid that because it'd been an easy time to get off. I go and look at the reasons report and they ftb.

Happens, but that stinks.
Perhaps they don't celebrate Christmas? I know I don't, and I consider it my duty to go to work that day so that at least one other pilot that does celebrate gets it off.
Quote: Perhaps they don't celebrate Christmas? I know I don't, and I consider it my duty to go to work that day so that at least one other pilot that does celebrate gets it off.
Back when I was single, I never worried about bidding Christmas off. Now, it's different, but working Christmas goes with the territory.
Quote: The schedule f (farm) is powerful. It gets you depreciation, section 179, related fuel, oil, tools etc.

It takes about a year to be recognized by your state as a farm once you get the ball rolling. There is a minimum acreage size and a minimum acreage for the farmed product.

Front page write downs on the 1040 is how you limit your tax liability.

The acreage could be swampland at $500/acre, but gives you the same tax benefit as a vineyard in Napa.
As an additional benefit for some, owning a farm opens up this avenue:

Online Dating, Free Dating Site & Farmer Dating Online For Singles
Quote: I've had a farm for a number of years now. It is generally good for 70k right off the top without using the section 179 expense. Section 179 maxes out at an annual ~$180k/yr. in itself. I don't live there any more, but keep it for the tax benefit. The schedule f (farm) is powerful. It gets you depreciation, section 179, related fuel, oil, tools etc.

It takes about a year to be recognized by your state as a farm once you get the ball rolling. There is a minimum acreage size and a minimum acreage for the farmed product.

Front page write downs on the 1040 is how you limit your tax liability.

The acreage could be swampland at $500/acre, but gives you the same tax benefit as a vineyard in Napa.

The above is not investment or tax advice. Dyodd
I own one company and 50% of another. My LLC that I own 50% of is the family farm. (My dad owns the other half). I've had three accountants look over my taxes to try and manage them. After three years of losses the IRS can come in and designate your business as a hobby if it is not generating a profit. This will limit your deductions to something like $2000 per year. They usually won't bother you until 5 years. So this may work for a few years, but eventually you have to make money.

Here is a good article that explains the basics of using a farm for tax purposes.

http://www.hobbyfarms.com/farm-marke...xes-14991.aspx

The only real way to have long term tax relief is to not get paid via W-2 wages like the really wealthy people do. With the current tax code it gets tough to hide money every year with a side business when all that business is doing is creating expenses to offset your W-2 wages.

Maybe I just have bad accountants, but side business won't help you hide income for very many years. My problem is both my business are doing great so now I've got that to deal with. 1st world problems.....it's tough I tell ya.
Quote: Perhaps they don't celebrate Christmas? I know I don't, and I consider it my duty to go to work that day so that at least one other pilot that does celebrate gets it off.
That's pretty cool, thanks Marcal. It didn't help me out this year, but I am sure many others including myself appreciate the sentiments.
Like the farming idea... flew with a guy who had a Xmas tree farm... did very well tax wise. Also hearing that vacation rental property is a good way to go... need to do some homework.

Always get a chuckle when I read a new hire complaining about flying Xmas, holidays, weekends, etc. (especially when one is less than one year with the company!). Did they miss the brief that this is a seniority based system?

I pretty much counted on at least my first 5 years sucking, so I didn't see any point in complaining about it.

On another note. In 26years I have never seen the amount of guys flying the last 15dys of a month in a row without a break... IMHO FAR 117 has been a total disaster... very rarely happened with 30 in 7.
Or you could bid it off then get an almost guaranteed GS.

That is why we need double pay on holidays. Then Marcal could bid it so those who celebrate Christmas could enjoy it off AND he would get paid double.
16246  16746  17146  17196  17236  17242  17243  17244  17245  17246  17247  17248  17249  17250  17256  17296  17346  17746  18246 
Page 17246 of 20173
Go to