Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
355  405  445  451  452  453  454  455  456  457  458  459  465  505  555  955  1455 
Page 455 of 20173
Go to
Most FA's that I talk to about it refuses to take the package, ever. It seems that the only ones that do are the ones that did this for fun, now have a happy family and the hassles of the job are not worth the benefits.
Most say that they do not trust the company to honor their obligations to them. I had one tell me that she planned on being found dead in her hotel room. In essence she would work till the day she died.
Quote: ACS-Inc has been the Delta Employee Service Center (sic) for years. They're the folks that provide immediate non-answers to any benefits, payroll, or travel related question you ask.
Hahahahah!!!! That is the best description of these people I have ever heard. Spent 3 hours on the phone trying to resolve a dental issue this week. Went back and forth between the benefits people and MetLife about 20 times before the Delta people finally said, "That hasn't been updated yet for 2009, so call back in a couple months if it doesn't fix itself." Seriously, that was the answer. Looking forward to three more hours of fun here in a couple of months.
Quote: Most FA's that I talk to about it refuses to take the package, ever. It seems that the only ones that do are the ones that did this for fun, now have a happy family and the hassles of the job are not worth the benefits.
Most say that they do not trust the company to honor their obligations to them. I had one tell me that she planned on being found dead in her hotel room. In essence she would work till the day she died.

Not sure if that is funny or sad.......
Quote: I had one tell me that she planned on being found dead in her hotel room. In essence she would work till the day she died.
I think I flew with her last week...she's already there.
No kidding, there are a few. They all seem quite bitter too. I would never want to live life that way, but that is just me.
Quote: You may in fact be correct that we furlough, but what I was hinting at was an early out for some FNWA folks.
Is that a hint? Should I start worrying again? Before or after SOC?
Quote: ACS-Inc has been the Delta Employee Service Center (sic) for years. They're the folks that provide immediate non-answers to any benefits, payroll, or travel related question you ask. I don't think this is anything new.
ACES insisted my wife, wasn't. We have no debt and file our taxes as married filing separately, so we are not married because we don't file our taxes jointly.

Acted like we were trying to cheat the company out of non rev benefits.... Ultimately had to get DL management involved to fix.
Quote: Is that a hint? Should I start worrying again? Before or after SOC?
It is likely more than a hint. Everything hinges on loads and what the summer looks like from a revenue perspective. Delta is not going to sit around & lose money, they can't.

The problems with training and a flow through might make it unworkable, or at least very expensive to comply with. Delta may sit fat on pilots until the numbers clearly show a furlough would be long enough and deep enough to justify the disruption & cost.
Quote: You may in fact be correct that we furlough, but what I was hinting at was an early out for some FNWA folks.
ACL, to paraphrase you, I think at some point in the past several months you've said that nobody (aka "they") was talking furlough. Any insight as to if this has changed?
nevermind
456789 10
355  405  445  451  452  453  454  455  456  457  458  459  465  505  555  955  1455 
Page 455 of 20173
Go to