FDX - April BLGs

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to
I guess we'll have to see how many days the instructors are scheduled to work in April before we shoot it down.
Quote: I guess we'll have to see how many days the instructors are scheduled to work in April before we shoot it down.

We'll have to see so that I'll know how many R days I'm supposed to call in sick for? I'm going to be p*ssed if the flex guys are working less days than the Reserve guys
Quote: Buddy of mine was in training the other day and was told directly by the flex instructor the same thing...I told him it was denied by a flex on this site and he said that's why he doesn't read stuff on here.
All I know is that the number of R days on the Boeing lines is still 19/15 apparently.

Since I am not flexing next month I don't know how many work days they will have. I was hoping that the R days would go to 17/13 and then the flex days would follow.

I am not in the loop, just reporting what I had heard while in the schoolhouse as well.
Quote: We'll have to see so that I'll know how many R days I'm supposed to call in sick for? I'm going to be p*ssed if the flex guys are working less days than the Reserve guys

Let's be clear on what we should be p*ssed about... that is the fact that the reserve guys will continue to work the same amount (19/15) for less pay. This is not sharing the pain. If the flex guys are working 17/13 for less pay, that is a step in the right direction and needs to also be afforded to the reserve guys.
Spoke to two flex's tonight. They will be working 17/13.....
Quote: Spoke to two flex's tonight. They will be working 17/13.....
So who's going to send an e-mail to Orlando asking him why folks on reserve have to do 19/15?
Quote: So who's going to send an e-mail to Orlando asking him why folks on reserve have to to 19/15?

Quote: So who's going to send an e-mail to Orlando asking him why folks on reserve have to to 19/15?

Hey union bubbas (Sleepy, Albie, TonyC, et.al), it sure would be nice to get some resolution on this issue BEFORE the bid closes. I know JG has been working this issue for some time without much of a response from the company ... PLEASE

Thanks,
DC-10 Lines (or lack there of)
To posters 6 and 7. the company tried to send 4 people to 727 S/O training before their 65th birthdays. Those 4 people did not have 727 S/O on their standing bids. So the union said you can't send these folks to a seat that is not on their standing bid. If the union let this slide, then a precedent is set and then the company could send anyone to any seat they think is cost effective. Mayday Mark, you're going to HKG because we need experienced people there. Albie, you'd look good serving coffee in the back of the 27. The union did the right thing here. I know you folks don't like us old farts but sometimes what effects us will effect all of you young whipper snappers.
So how can the company have flexes work fewer days than a reserve line holder for the same pay?

Are flexes suddenly management pilots?

Does that mean we have to hate flexes too? Can't put everyone on my list.....
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to