New Minimums For All

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 18
Go to
Alright guys, I know different companies have different minimums in mind but I thought I would try and gauge what y'all thought. So the question is; what in all your opinions do you think are strong minimums for entry in to the regional airline industry?.......I guess I can throw the freight carriers like AirNet in the same category. Please include Total Time, Multi-Engine and Certificates held. This is of course is based on the assumption that hiring is up again, whenever that may be.
Oh and by the way, please do not cut off my head for starting this....... thanks guys and gals!
Quote: Alright guys, I know different companies have different minimums in mind but I thought I would try and gauge what y'all thought. So the question is; what in all your opinions do you think are strong minimums for entry in to the regional airline industry?.......I guess I can throw the freight carriers like AirNet in the same category. Please include Total Time, Multi-Engine and Certificates held. This is of course is based on the assumption that hiring is up again, whenever that may be.
Oh and by the way, please do not cut off my head for starting this....... thanks guys and gals!

Well about 18 months ago it use to be anywhere from a Wet Multi with an instrument rating to 1500 total with 1000 multi...
ATP Mins. + 500 Multi with ATP Written.

Maybe airlines would pay more then too....
Quote: ATP Mins. + 500 Multi with ATP Written.

are they having problems with the new guys ? when upgrade time ever comes maybe, but they are doing fine keeping that seat warm.
2-3 Years professional flying experience at a minimum i.e. CFI, skydivers, pipeline, etc. You can teach almost anyone to fly a jet provided they have the right attitude, and experience under pressure.
I'd vote for 5000 tt, 2000 multi. And $50k to start.
Quote: ATP Mins. + 500 Multi with ATP Written.

Getting the 500ME would be hard w/o 135 time, but 5-6 ME students would get somebody to 100ME.
Quote: I'd vote for 5000 tt, 2000 multi. And $50k to start.
Plus one...
Quote: Getting the 500ME would be hard w/o 135 time, but 5-6 ME students would get somebody to 100ME.
And what is wrong with having to fly a piston twin in all kinds of weather for a year or two before jumping into a 40,000 pound aircraft?

My first multi job (421) required 2000 tt and 500 multi. Prior single pilot experience was a plus. Pay started at $36k.

If nothing else, it weeds out the folks who are afraid of getting their hands dirty.
It isnt realistic to expect applicants to come to the table with thousands of hours, but anything less than 1,000tt/100me should be un-acceptable. As well as anything less than 45-50K a year.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 18
Go to