FedEx playing hardball with Congress

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8 
Page 8 of 8
Go to
Quote: This thread is good entertainment

I think Fred is gonna make a run for some elected position.
He already tried that standing next to/behind John McCain. Maybe this law's origin is based in retribution?
Quote: I think your fact checker is on the blink. In 1995, express carriers were moved from the RLA to the NLRA after the Interstate Commerce Commission was sunset. A year later, Congress approved an FAA bill that moved express carriers (ie.FedEx Express) back to the RLA. However, UPS is not established as an express company and remains under the NLRA.
At least that is the way it is presented on the web site of House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Jim Oberstar (D-Minn.)
Baron,
UPS Airlines is a seperate company under the UPS Incorporated umbrella.
The airline is "United Parcel Service Company" or UPSCO. As an airline, it is under the RLA. Ask your labor atty's if you think the fact checker is on the blink <bg>
Anyone know the status of this legislation, or how to found out? Thanks
Quote: Anyone know the status of this legislation, or how to found out? Thanks
The last I read, this was last week, was that they have to do temporary funding for the FAA to operate, as they had to get the bill done by the end of the month. It isn't going to happen because of the health care debate. So another temporary funding until next year. Congress will probably work on this again at the start of next year. Oberstar says he is willing to compromise on it. What will be the compromise, I don't know. The FedEx issue isn't the only thing that people don't like. So, wait and see.
4  5  6  7  8 
Page 8 of 8
Go to