Whoops! ASA MX Nightmare Grounds Fleet

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
GEAE is going to be busy with CDR's.
How is the situation now? Have they made progress getting the airplanes back online?
Quote: Well, as I recall DAL won the contract to do all of ASA's engine work last year or the year before. This egg may not be on ASA's face but DAL's. It depends on where the ball was dropped.
I don't know about that. All I know is there is a very large portion of the ASA maintenance hanger dedicated to engine work full on ASA Techs. You could be right though.
DAL only maintains the engines off wing. The airlines MPM for the aircraft type is responsible for the inspections. DAL usually only does the off wing work. On wing is the operator’s responsibility. Maintenance tracking is always a function of the operator unless they have a special agreement with DAL.
Quote: It'll look like Comair's ramp... CRJ museum... I should set up a booth and charge $10/person to 'tour'.
Sadly I was about to suggest a trip to CVG too....
Went through ATL today...quite the collection of CRJ's parked on the north side. I thought this was an april fools joke last night, guess not.
So apparently we sent 5 aircraft and crew from the SkyWest side to help cover the flying for a couple of days...I'm sure we have more airframes and pilots sitting around in SLC than that alone?
Quote: Went through ATL today...quite the collection of CRJ's parked on the north side. I thought this was an april fools joke last night, guess not.
Me too. Strangely enough I was delayed taking off twice because a Coyote was running around in front of us.
Quote: So apparently we sent 5 aircraft and crew from the SkyWest side to help cover the flying for a couple of days...I'm sure we have more airframes and pilots sitting around in SLC than that alone?
You guys can have some of Comair's extra planes. We sure aren't using them.
Quote: Me too. Strangely enough I was delayed taking off twice because a Coyote was running around in front of us.
It was pretty funny. I saw that as well, he almost turned into a grease spot several times!
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to