DELTA base in PDX

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
I've heard that Delta is going to start a A320 base in PDX. Any truth to this rumor and any time frame of when this might happen?
Is this before or after they buy Alaska?
Quote: I've heard that Delta is going to start a A320 base in PDX. Any truth to this rumor and any time frame of when this might happen?
Havn't heard that one, but I live in PDX so, sounds good to me!

There just isn't that much flying out of PDX. And the flying that is out of here is spread around the fleets. If there's going to be a western A320 base, it will be SLC after they move the MD90's to MSP.

Or....it will come after we buy AS
I've heard the same thing... MD-90's to MSP and A-320's to SLC. We just don't have enough flights out of PDX to support a base.
Very popular rumor. A new base in DFW runs a close second.

Powerball has a lot better odds.
I guess I'm dreaming. Thought it would be cool to live in Bend and commute to PDX. I guess SLC will have to do.
Bend is absolutely beautiful. Family from there.
Quote: I've heard the same thing... MD-90's to MSP and A-320's to SLC. We just don't have enough flights out of PDX to support a base.
Just curious.....why send the MDs to MSP and the 320s to SLC?
Quote: Just curious.....why send the MDs to MSP and the 320s to SLC?
I wish I knew! You're asking the wrong person. I'm just passing on what I've heard from a chief pilot and some other crews. You need to ask the marketing guys down in ATL.
Quote: Just curious.....why send the MDs to MSP and the 320s to SLC?
The bus's have better performance at the higher airport elevations supposedly.
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to