NetJets Furloughing?

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 9 of 14
Go to
[QUOTE=
If layoffs do happen then I know where the regionals will find jet experienced new-hires.[/QUOTE]

I'll collect unemployment for a year before i'll ever touch a regional...
Quote: Many businesses are down by 20%. I believe NetJets has 4,000 pilots and a 20% cut would be 800 folks.

Warren Buffet is NO fan of aviation and has made negative comments about it in the past.

If layoffs do happen then I know where the regionals will find jet experienced new-hires.
We have approx 3,100 not 4000, and right now it's still lookin' at 500 for round 1.
I am getting furloughed from NJ but in my state unemployment pays more than the regionals so that makes that decision easy
When is it suppose to take effect?
Quote: When is it suppose to take effect?
no set dates yet.
Has anything firm been announced? Right now all the pessimism in this thread seems to have convinced everyone that it has happened.

Couldn't NJA do creative things, like keeping everyone on the week on/week off schedule, instead of other options which give pilots more workdays.

From what I understand, the seniority list there will make it complicated, as some fleets would be virtually immobilized with a furlough of bottom of the list pilots.
Quote: Has anything firm been announced? Right now all the pessimism in this thread seems to have convinced everyone that it has happened.

Couldn't NJA do creative things, like keeping everyone on the week on/week off schedule, instead of other options which give pilots more workdays.

From what I understand, the seniority list there will make it complicated, as some fleets would be virtually immobilized with a furlough of bottom of the list pilots.
It is going to happen. No one is denying that now.We did creative things like reduced schedules back in the summer but the new mgmt has chosen to end those measures over the next month. Certain fleets will take a big hit but there are still plenty of planes and pilots to cover the demand.
So my friends at NetJets received their emails that 600+ pilots will be furloughed.

Union in this?
Quote: So my friends at NetJets received their emails that 600+ pilots will be furloughed.

Union in this?
495 effective Jan 16th
NetJets plans to lay off nearly 500 pilots | The Columbus Dispatch
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 9 of 14
Go to