Call to US Airways Pilots

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Hello, I understand that this is not a usual request, but thought that I would pursue using this forum as a starting point. I am a graduate student in the Public History program at Arizona State University. For the next month I am finishing an internship at the Smithsonian American History Museum.
For my masters thesis, I am looking at the merger between America West and US Airways and would like to conduct some oral history interviews ( not lasting more than an hour). My goal is interview approximately 25 people, from both companies and a variety of personnel including pilots and flight attendants. If your are interested, I can email a copy of my first chapter that covers the years from 1978 to 1999.
So, as I am in the DC area for the month of July, I would like to see if there are any interested pilots who have flown or still fly for US Airways mainline. I understand that some might not be incline to talk for a variety of reasons, but the interviews are strictly for an educational purpose and names can not be used if requested. Also, if I ever officially publish any parts of the work for an academic journal, I would give you a reasonable amount of time to look over where I might have used your information.
If interested, email is [email protected]
Heyas,

I would start by loading "Grey's Journal of American Profanity" into your spell checker's database. It will save you a lot of time down the road.

Nu
Best reply of all time.
Quote: Heyas,

I would start by loading "Grey's Journal of American Profanity" into your spell checker's database. It will save you a lot of time down the road.

Nu
Classic.

-Lloyd

Nu
Best post of the day!!

Both sides will hate you for talking to the other one. Have fun with that.

Nu
Priceless....
Thanks, I know it will be tough job, but I would like to be able to attempt in portraying both sides equally.
Quote: Thanks, I know it will be tough job, but I would like to be able to attempt in portraying both sides equally.
That's like trying to portray north and south korea equally, one is a rogue state that has caused great harm to it's citizens, the other, well it isn't.
Right on que.
I should have chose my words more carefully as I do plan to place the focus of my work on America West. I would rephrase that statement as wanting to cover both perspectives (instead of equally).
Quote: I do plan to place the focus of my work on America West.

Why???

Why not equally???
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to