Application Honesty, in Light of 3407

Subscribe
View Poll Results: Know Anyone that Omitted Application Info?
yes
32.43%
no
52.70%
I heard about someone doing that.
5.41%
never, why do you ask?
9.46%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll
Do you know of anyone that omitted application information?
I do. And he got fired for it. Turns out airlines sometimes do background checks...

Q.
Quote: Do you know of anyone that omitted application information?
Like what? There are multiple levels of seriousness on this. You could leave off an unpaid parking ticket from ten years ago, or you could leave off the NTSB summary from an airplane you crashed.
Parking tickets are not requested on Airline Apps. Speeding tickets only.
Quote: I do. And he got fired for it. Turns out airlines sometimes do background checks...

Q.
So what did you leave off and why didn't you include it? If you don't mind answering.
Quote: So what did you leave off and why didn't you include it? If you don't mind answering.
It read like he was speaking of someone else there Mr. Stratten.

Back to the Omega House for you.
If you omit something and it is brought up in the interview, you are done, they are asking to see your reaction before they send you packing. If you put it on the application, you'll have a chance to explain yourself when called. It is too risky to omit and hope they don't ask.

With the new regulations coming out because of the Buffalo crash, it's best to assume they will find out.
Quote: Parking tickets are not requested on Airline Apps. Speeding tickets only.
Not that I have a dog in the fight but sometimes speeding tickets don't read as speeding tickets. Several (4 or 5) years ago, I was ticketed for "failure to obey a posted highway sign". I was asked how fast I was going since the assumption was that it was a speed limit sign. In VA, depending on who pulled you over, the citation may use that code since it can be used for several violations. I actually wasn't moving when the trooper walked up to me and told me the cross-overs on the highway were for emergency vehicles only. I was following a line of traffic and 4 of us got caught. I do include that on my applications I fill out and then have to clarify. I think in the future for you guys, there will be a lot of assuming from across the table.
Quote: So what did you leave off and why didn't you include it? If you don't mind answering.
Turns out one of the F/Os I used to fly with, who was also in my opinion one of the best F/Os to fly with, had omitted the fact that he'd worked for another regional airline (which he'd left under presumably not-so-good terms) in the past on his application. With PRIA in place, that was not a smart thing to do!

Q.

And no, it was not me. Thanks for making that assumption.
Quote: Turns out one of the F/Os I used to fly with, who was also in my opinion one of the best F/Os to fly with, had omitted the fact that he'd worked for another regional airline (which he'd left under presumably not-so-good terms) in the past on his application. With PRIA in place, that was not a smart thing to do!

Q.

And no, it was not me. Thanks for making that assumption.
I just read it too quickly.

I know a guy that left off some of his failures and thought he would explain it away at the interview. When he told them, the interview was over. They said they weren't at that level of pilot skills and that he wouldn't have gotten the interview if they knew.