UPS MD-11 ANC domicile coming

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
UPS will be opening an Anchorage domicile sometime in early 2007. Heard it from 2 sources who have been solid on their info before.
And Gummer will be the ACP in charge! Yeah right!!!! Plus, ALL trips will START with a DH to SDF and finish with a DH to ANC!
Quote: And Gummer will be the ACP in charge! Yeah right!!!! Plus, ALL trips will START with a DH to SDF and finish with a DH to ANC!
Browntail, just as the Airbus 380s will be cancelled, right?

I heard the same about the MD11 domicile from a management muck.
Any UPSer: is that deadhead on a company a/c or a commercial carrier?
company plane
actually browntail is correct, the 747-400, at least initially, is to be based in anc, as well as some md-11's. I was told this by a union leader.

good move for the company, not so good for the pilots.

nightrider
Good, maybe there will be some rooms available at the Marriott for the rest of us when our travel departments fail to book enough rooms during the busy summer months!
anc domicile
Under the current contract, the company cannot establish a domicile in ANC without the approval of the IPA...I expect that to change with the new agreement...yet another reason why the company needs to have an agreement soon...

JMO

Pilot7576
An ANC base will be overstaffed. I don't understand it exactly, but a lot of pilots live there. The salmon is fantastic, but the rest of the town reminds me of Fargo.
MD-11s and 747s to ANC??
Both fleets to ANC? Yime to settle the contract if they want it open this year.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to