JetBlue Uniforms

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to
Quote: That said, are all the JB pilots in favor of the blue shirt?
Yes. We are ALL in favor of the blue shirts.

Just as we are all democrats now because Obama is president.

GP
I like wearing the blue shirt, its the tie with the poka dots I have the problem with.
JetBlue Uniforms
I am also in the uniform business, so I have a pretty good knowledge of what is being supplied.
The original JB shirts were from Cutter Buck, (the french blue shirts).
Great shirts, very comfortable, wears like iron, and has a "generous fit".
Everyone has a different shape so it is pretty hard to find something that everyone says fits well.
The previous uniforms were well made and, fit a majority of the people without much disapproval.
So aside from the uniforms, is there word on how many they may hire after the first of the year?
There is occasionally some talk of a very small amount of hiring. Maybe a couple dozen pilots? Nothing official from the company. A number of hulls were deferred for 2010. On the upside, we have nearly a billion in cash--which helps growth when and if it comes. Good Luck.
Quote: Oh, another question I've always had...in keeping with the "everything blue" tradition since JetbLue's inception, why gray leather seats? Why not blue? Dark blue leather looks really nice I think and I've never quite understood why Jetblue didn't go with that.
I have wondered the exact same thing. I think blue seats would be much better. When I asked our VP of ops, he said grey was chosen because it's "easier to keep clean". That response didn't make much sense to me. Maybe the cost to change all the seat covers would be too high, who knows.
Quote: No. Not professional and the oxy mask issue.... Plenty of guys still grow 'em...

Not much accountability as far as uniforms and grooming standards go. I'm defiantly not a "company" guy and I wear a short sleeve shirt with no jacket 9 months out of the year, but I shave daily, shine my shoes, get my hair cut often, wear deodorant, and press my pants... Something more than a few guys here could stand to do once and a while
The O2 mask thing is BS but more guys should take pride in the uniform as you do. The Gotee thing, we just have to agree to disagree.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to