Worst Trip Pairing Ever?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
Who wants to start? I don't have any to complain about right now, but I've been getting an earful from some friends at other 'lines. I want to hear how bad it can get.
11 legs... 9 ILS's to <300'
Day 1: MKE-MSN-MKE-MSN-MKE-MSN-MKE-GRR-MKE-TVC-ESC (standup overnight) Day 2: ESC-MKE... No Autopilot, brand new F/O who'd been flying VMC canyon tours before getting hired.
135 turboprop
Flew a 5 day trip with a new captain (company's idea of IOE is with a 500 hr FO) who kept telling me how much better flying jets are and how much better 121 ops are. At the end of the trip I just turned down the intercom on my headset so I didn't have to listen to him b!tch.
Quote: Day 1: MKE-MSN-MKE-MSN-MKE-MSN-MKE-GRR-MKE-TVC-ESC (standup overnight) Day 2: ESC-MKE... No Autopilot, brand new F/O who'd been flying VMC canyon tours before getting hired.

Let me guess, you worked for Mesa?
Sounds like Skyway.
This was my favorite SNAFU trip from my airline days...

Duty onto reserve (0800)
Reserve callout (0815)
Deadhead IAD-LGA on UAL (1115-1220)
Deadhead on company Delta Connection flight to YUL (1400-1500)
Clear customs & catch taxi cab to Bombardier Facility (1500-1600)
Try to communicate that we were there to pickup a new factory delivery that nobody seems to know about. (To a french speaking receptionist.) (1600-1630)
Find out that delivery aircraft failed it's maintenance acceptance check. (1640)
Find out that another aircraft is being delivered that day by management pilots and is taxiing out to runway. (1700)
Recall that flight to Bombardier hanger. (1715)
Deadhead YUL-BTV. (1800-1830)
Clear customs in BTV. (1830-1845)
Deadhead BTV-IAD. (1900-2000)
Released from duty. (2030)
FlyerJosh, that sounds like an interesting day!! lol
FlyerJosh, how many frequent flyer miles did you get for that?
Quote: Sounds like Skyway.

It was indeed Skyway. It was scheduled to be a shorter day, but weather caused a reassignment...
Being paired with Browntail.
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to