Did TSA just furlough more pilots?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I heard a rumor that TSA was furloughing a large number (200) of pilots in addition to the few that they laid off a couple months ago. Is there any validity to this?

I know a couple people that would be included in this group as they were hired recently but I haven't heard anything from them. Maybe somebody here could shed some light.
I think 200 is a bit high..
Neighbors kid works there, and we were chatting and catching up... It looks like another round of 30 guys, and captain downgrades to boot..... He said that all their UX flying was shifting over to blojet... Said that everyone was looking to get out, and are sick of schedules being screwed up every bid period, management not honoring their arbitration loses, and he is hearing that they are heading for bankruptcy soon...But then again, this is a ****ed off 24 year old who listens to everything and hates me for walking in his resume..So, there is your grain of salt...... Sounds like things haven't changed since I was there.... I would still stay far away from Transstates and the alter ego blojets, though.. Just friendly career advice....
Ran into a former coworker today and got the lowdown. He was furloughed but Skywest picked him up fast. Sounds like he's going to greener pastures. I wouldn't touch anything that Hulas owns. He's a jerk and he treats his employees like garbage. It sounds like they're unloading as much as they can and make the ALPA guys miserable.

At least I don't have to deal with their MX crews stealing catering from my charter flights. Since they've moved out and down to the old MDD ramp it's gotten nice and quiet around here...
28 more guys got furloughed along with a few Capt/FO downgrades.

2 planes are being parked from the UX side.

TSA San Antonio flying is being directly replaced By GoJet

wow, sucks to hear guys. Hope everyone can move on to greener pastures.
Quote: wow, sucks to hear guys. Hope everyone can move on to greener pastures.
Good news you get to be my co-worker now.
no new hires until next year some time if that
Quote: no new hires until next year some time if that

Save yourself the time and effort by not going there.
Sounds about right in this industry....
dont get what you want from union - start new company - shut down old company and union.
Punkpilot, if you're one of the furlougees, you shouldn't have trouble finding a better company to work for. You have 121 experience.

Good Luck everybody.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to