Possible bidder for Sun Country

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
A prospective bidder eyes Sun Country Airlines | StarTribune.com
Let me guess...Republic?
Nope....SWA
It wouldn't surprise me if it's Southwest. That would be a quick way to establish a hub in MSP.
Bernie Madoff
Quote: Nope....SWA
Good! Hope its not republic.
Now What
So now that Pedders had been convicted, what does that really mean for the Sun Country folks? Anyone there have any news?
I can't imagine SWA would keep that few 800s...just take the routes and gate space, maybe, and dump the planes? The HHH terminal is much more accessible than the Lindbergh terminal, that's for sure.

I'd like to see DAL drag SWA into a bidding war.

SWA must have started the ATC bribing campaign in MSP already. I was there the other day when a SWA corndog leapfrogged about 20 redtails for takeoff. Some things never change.

I wonder if Sun Country folks will fight a staple as loudly as Frontier folks did.
"In its court filing, Sun Country said its revenue and fuel expenses in recent months have not met expectations. Consequently, the airline said it may need to modify its operating plan for 2010."

That does not sound good.
Quote: SWA must have started the ATC bribing campaign in MSP already. I was there the other day when a SWA corndog leapfrogged about 20 redtails for takeoff. Some things never change.
Wah. Crocodile tears flowing.

I'm sure they they've been pumping that tower full of "pizza." What you guys fail to see is that ATC looks fondly on the SWA guys hauling ass, getting out of the way, and not wasting their time.

Also; strange as this might be; perhaps the SWA guy had a flow time to LGA/DEN etc., so they were ushered to the front of the line. Seen it with Delta guys and USAirways guys all the time.

If its just pizza that does it, why don't you red tails start doing the same thing? Since you guys have such deep pockets, and welcome a bidding war with SWA over Sun Country. Am I wrong?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to