Dhl

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
This might be a dumb question but does DHL actually own their own cargo planes or what's the deal with them? I couldn't find them on the payscale part.
Quote: This might be a dumb question but does DHL actually own their own cargo planes or what's the deal with them? I couldn't find them on the payscale part.

There are no dumb questions, only dumb people that ask questions. DHL does not OWN any cargo planes in the US. They do OWN cargo planes in europe.
Quote: There are no dumb questions, only dumb people that ask questions. DHL does not OWN any cargo planes in the US. They do OWN cargo planes in europe.
There are also a**holes that are so immature they can't just answer the dudes question.

DHL aircraft within the USA are operated by Airborne Express and Astar. I do not think either is hiring though.
Even from the inside it's hard to get a handle on who flies DHL freight worldwide. It's a network of contractors and must be dozens if you include all of the small feeders.

DHL owns two carriers in Europe that I know of, one in Brussels and one in the UK. Otherwise they use ACMI's (contractors) and contract belly/deck space. Primary ACMI's in the U.S. are Astar (former DHL Airways) and ABX (former Airborne Express). Northwest, Lufthansa, Cathay, ACC, Ameriflight and others provide international & domestic feed in the U.S.

ABX is not hiring. I've heard rumors of Astar hiring, perhaps one of their pilots could respond to that.
DHL doesn't even have their own trucks in the US. Those are driven by Airborne Express drivers. I believe that ABX Air (different company) is the air side with the DC-8s, -9s, and 767s.
Quote: DHL doesn't even have their own trucks in the US. Those are driven by Airborne Express drivers. I believe that ABX Air (different company) is the air side with the DC-8s, -9s, and 767s.

Don't forget about the Astar, the original used to be owned by DHL airline in the US. DHL now owns DHL Air UK and European Air Transport, which recently "sacked" all their over 60 pilots in lieu of paying some EU pension payment. Sounds like a great company to work for. Glad they don't own any airlines in the US.
Actually, they changed their mind. The over 60's are going to stay.
Well crap. The CEO and my parents good friend and neighbor are very very close (college friends ect.). Damn the luck lol I was hoping for a resume walkin one day HAH.
Quote: DHL aircraft within the USA are operated by Airborne Express and Astar. I do not think either is hiring though.
so who owns astar? I thought it WAS DHL
Quote: There are no dumb questions, only dumb people that ask questions. DHL does not OWN any cargo planes in the US. They do OWN cargo planes in europe.
Hey *********, how do you know this? Most airlines lease their planes and engines. What are you like keeping track of what BANK owns all of these aircraft and engines. You are an idiot.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to