USAir Express 2683 1/28/10 Gear Issue

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I was a pax on this flight today and the Capt put the gear down about 20 minutes out, still about a cruise altitude. He came on the PA a little later and said they had an indication of some sort and had to drop the gear then, and apologized for the noise. I am just curious what could have happened? Any ideas?
Too much gas, or perhaps following a procedure for hot brakes...although it should just be a sensor problem
Gear Bay Overheat message?
Thanks
Thanks for the replies, that makes sense. No one seemed too excited, but I have just never seen something like that happen, and I fly alot, but unfortunatly not up front in the pointy part!
the pointy part I like that
I'd bet just about anything that they were fat on gas. You don't see it too often but it's not all that unusual to do that. I see it on my DAL-IAH commute when A) there's a long reroute that then gets switched back to the original route in the air or B) the flight is right at Max. Landing Wt. and IAH is landing to the East, i.e. shorter distance.
Fat on gas or gear bay overheat.
An actual gear bay overheat at that point in flight would not make sense, although it could have been a sensor malfunction. They would have had to follow the procedure regardless. But probably too much fuel.
Mesa Airlines.
Quote: Mesa Airlines.
Probably thought it would get too much flame if he had put the title "Mesa 2683 1/28/2010 Gear Issue"
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to