NWA hiring SCABS

Subscribe
Looks like NWA is hiring scabs "in case of a mechanics strike". IMO, I think you'll see a lockout before you see a strike - NWA has made it clear that they don't want any further "talks" with the mechanic's union.

http://kstp.dayport.com/viewer/viewe...?Art_ID=161901
I believe their flight attendants are in the same boat. Typical NWA union busting tactics......
Whoa. YGBSM.
Quote: Whoa. YGBSM.
Sad but true. I wonder what the NWA pilot's tact is regarding "flying struck work". Last time I recall this happening, the UPS pilots were prepared not to fly. The issue here is how would a pilot's union approach flying jets that are being fixed by an unknown level of quality? I know I'd be REALLY careful - not from a labor posturing standpoint - but from a self preservation standpoint. I think it's going to get really ugly over there and unfortunatley (IMO) safety will suffer.
Quote: I think it's going to get really ugly over there and unfortunatley (IMO) safety will suffer.
Northwest mechanics have always been very militant, even as mechanics go. Management is loaded for bear- already looking for scabs?

This one will be fun to watch.