Union Cards sent to UPS Flt Qual MGRs??

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 22
Go to
Deleted for Unity 100% IPA
I think the furloughees will be screwed if the managers come aboard. If we are out over 7 years the company is under no obligation to bring us back, we are truly hostages at that point. There are very few managers that I beleive are worthy of even being part of the IPA. Those that were former IPA don't deserve to come back!
BT is going after the 180 FQM's regardless of the potential impact to the bottom 300 ie: longer furlough and or losing 180 numbers. Asked if he would trade the managers for a no furlough, stated he would listen to any offer from the company (I took it as no). This issue was pretty well addressed at the PANC teleconference last month if you can find the video. UPS has long range plans of a Shenzhen domicile, compounded with the possibility of losing seniority to the managers I am considering the very real possibility I may not be returning to UPS when recalled.

The Gringo..
Adding the 180 managers to the IPA list would not cause the company to go out and hire 180 new managers. The same people, or even some percentage of them, will be doing those same jobs. At some point they would come under our work rules and it might even take more than 180 people to do the same work. I don't see it as a 1 for 1 that will keep guys out on the street longer. Gonna be interesting around here
But BT received so many votes. He is speaking for the majority of IPA pilots.
Quote: Adding the 180 managers to the IPA list would not cause the company to go out and hire 180 new managers. The same people, or even some percentage of them, will be doing those same jobs. At some point they would come under our work rules and it might even take more than 180 people to do the same work. I don't see it as a 1 for 1 that will keep guys out on the street longer. Gonna be interesting around here
Not saying I agree or disagree with the EB's position on the FQM's. Just passing on cliff notes of what was discussed. BT was asked if he would pursue the FQM's even if it meant the possibility of extending the furlough and he said yes.
Face it, BT does not care about the furloughees when it comes to taking on the managers. Our job is of no concern to him.
Deleted for unity 100% IPA
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 22
Go to