RIF results are in

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
Check it out! Lots of movement from what I see. Really like how they put the 170 folks in the 727 FE spot. Nice.....NOT!
Yes, there is significant movement to the street.
What sort of timeline are they giving your guys facing furlough - late this year or early next year?
Also, is it true that UPS proceeded with a furlough years ago but canceled it in the 11th hour? What are the chances of history repeating?
Bottom 54 are gone on 5/22/2010, with the remaining bottom 170 gone by the end of the year. Additional 130 gone next year.
How many pilots could retire and save some of these jobs?
Quote: Also, is it true that UPS proceeded with a furlough years ago but canceled it in the 11th hour? What are the chances of history repeating?
It is true that 100 pilots were sent furlough letters in 2001 and it was cancelled right before the date of the furlough. I would say chances are slim to none that UPS would cancel this furlough, but until May 22, there is always hope.
Quote: How many pilots could retire and save some of these jobs?
There are over 170 pilots over age 60 on property. Is that what you are asking? I think that UPS said about 6 months ago that there were about 260 over 60 guys. FWIW.
Quote: How many pilots could retire and save some of these jobs?
You would think a bunch but for some reason it doesn't work that way here. I think the bean counters at UPS look at the over 60 crowd as if they are not paying them a pension and that they won't live as long once they hit 65. In any event it would "cost" UPS a buyout and that ain't happening.
Quote: Also, is it true that UPS proceeded with a furlough years ago but canceled it in the 11th hour? What are the chances of history repeating?
Zero
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to