vision problem

Subscribe
I seem to have a problem with lights when viewd threw plexy glass such as an aircraft windshield. when viewing any bright light threw a windshield i see a ghost image next to the light.for instance on landing i see an aditionl row of lights next to each row of landing lihgts. the second row of lights is faint but distracting. although i dont have a problem passing my first class medical. it is still bothersome. has anyone herd of this
It sounds very serious. So serious, in fact, that it has affected your spelling.
I would go to the local lenscrafters and ask the eye doctor.... I haven't heard of anything like this.... but I know for me my distant vision is much worse at night than day.... I got a long explanation from the doctor which I understood at the time but don't remember a bit of it now.
walleye vision - only one way to fix it and ain't no one taking that route with me.
I have gone to the doctors and they say my eyes are good and that I’m seeing the error in the plexy glass itself. It doesn’t happen threw car windshields.
Assume your military. Did this happen on previous aircraft? Does it occur on various aircraft in similiar conditions, or just one type aircraft? On my current aircraft, the glass angle causes for 'hud' effects (reflecting the ambient instrument lighting into the glass that I found took some getting used too.) Also, what is the runway lighting intensity? Is it always the same? Could ask tower to change intensity to see the effects/impact.
SD
Quote: I seem to have a problem with lights when viewd threw plexy glass such as an aircraft windshield. when viewing any bright light threw a windshield i see a ghost image next to the light.for instance on landing i see an aditionl row of lights next to each row of landing lihgts. the second row of lights is faint but distracting. although i dont have a problem passing my first class medical. it is still bothersome. has anyone herd of this
The answer: it depends. If you're also a Continental pilot who is not furloughed (i.e. you're senior to me), then I think you have a very serious vision problem and you should quit flying ASAP.

If you're not currently senior to me at Continental, then I'd say that it's just normal refraction caused by the glass.
Quote: It sounds very serious. So serious, in fact, that it has affected your spelling.
This is funny LOL
Quote: I seem to have a problem with lights when viewd threw plexy glass such as an aircraft windshield. when viewing any bright light threw a windshield i see a ghost image next to the light.for instance on landing i see an aditionl row of lights next to each row of landing lihgts. the second row of lights is faint but distracting. although i dont have a problem passing my first class medical. it is still bothersome. has anyone herd of this
Auto glass is very thin and does not usually cause refractive errors for that reason. Glass in expensive airplanes (jets) is usually thick glass, but will also not cause errors if you are looking straight ahead.

Thick Plexiglass (acrylic) windshields in light airplanes could easily cause reflections/refractive phenomenon at night. If it's minor, I wouldn't worry about it if your eye doc says you are good.

If you mention this to your AME, you might end up grounded pending further tests.