ATP study?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
What is the best resource for the ATP written exam? Is there any free material online to look through? Gliem? Asa?
Which one to take 121? 135? 91? Does it matter for captain upgrade?
Quote: What is the best resource for the ATP written exam? Is there any free material online to look through? Gliem? Asa?
http://www.sheppardair.com

Worth every penny.
I used Gleim many moons ago. IIRC, I doesn't matter which ATP you take. I took the 121 and then took my check ride in a Dutchess. YMMV.
There's no 91 atp, your choices are 121 and 135 whichever you have more experience with and if you don't have any experience with either probably 121 is easier.

I agree with shepperdair as long as you do it their way.
+1 for Sheppard Air. Studied for a couple of days and got a 96 in less than 10 minutes. Worth ever penny!!!!
Another +1 for Shepard Air--just had to retake it after my previous results expired since apparently your results CAN expire, even if you're flying for a 121 carrier actively, for the purposes of doing an ATP checkride outside of a 121 training program.

Why don't you already have it, might I ask, if you have an ALPA sticker as your avatar and it says you're a FO? I've always assumed all 121 co's req. it as a prereq for hiring--guess I was wrong...
Quote: Another +1 for Shepard Air--just had to retake it after my previous results expired since apparently your results CAN expire, even if you're flying for a 121 carrier actively, for the purposes of doing an ATP checkride outside of a 121 training program.
You either got some bad information or a DPE that was not knowledgeable with this subject. A few months ago I took my checkride part 61 in a C414A with an expired written through a DPE. I am currently employed part 121 and did NOT use their training program.

Right after I had many opinions that the FAA would simply kick it back when they got the paperwork but I have my plastic ATP cert in hand now.

Quote: +1 for Sheppard Air. Studied for a couple of days and got a 96 in less than 10 minutes. Worth ever penny!!!!

Quote: Another +1 for Shepard Air--just had to retake it after my previous results expired since apparently your results CAN expire, even if you're flying for a 121 carrier actively, for the purposes of doing an ATP checkride outside of a 121 training program.
Amen. Pay the money, pass the test, move on.

I studied about 10 hours over two days, scored a 93%, took 8 minutes.
Quote: What is the best resource for the ATP written exam? Is there any free material online to look through? Gliem? Asa?

I've always been a huge fan of the Gleim stuff, the way they set the written test books up makes it real easy to study, they did for me at least. However, for the ATP written , I went to All ATP's 1 day course. I never studied for the ATP written and got an earlier than expected chance to upgrade. So, I had to scramble and did the All ATP's written course in one day..easy..passed 100% -no problem. I know they have several locations. May be pricey (I did mine in 2004) but is the least hassle and worth it if you can swing the cash IMHO.
I also highly recommend Sheppard. I tried the whole Gleim thing and I decided to give Shep a try...well worth it!!
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to