Skywest vs. Expressjet

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
Recently I have been faced a good dilema- To keep a recently accepted position with Skywest flying the Brazilia or go to Expressjet. I want a jet, but with the commitment to fly for Skywest and start the prop ground school I'd hate to burn the bridge and leave for EXJET. I have 121 turbine experience and now I get to fly another prop, kinda sick of the prop, I have SJS. On the Bright side upgrade is quicker and less time on reserve with SKYW- I want to be based out of Chicago as well, but thats only after a year of equipment lock to transition to the CRJ to get o'hare--

Does anybody know if Skywest comes to its employees to see after a year if they want to transition before hiring outsiders???
Is there a chance to get SLC as a new hire EMB-120 hire for reserve?
Quote: On the Bright side upgrade is quicker and less time on reserve with SKYW- I want to be based out of Chicago as well, but thats only after a year of equipment lock to transition to the CRJ to get o'hare--
....and you are asking this question why?

Seriously, take an upgrade ASAP. Second, if you can get based where you want suck up the year. It will by before you know it.
Quote: Recently I have been faced a good dilema- To keep a recently accepted position with Skywest flying the Brazilia or go to Expressjet. I want a jet, but with the commitment to fly for Skywest and start the prop ground school I'd hate to burn the bridge and leave for EXJET. I have 121 turbine experience and now I get to fly another prop, kinda sick of the prop, I have SJS. On the Bright side upgrade is quicker and less time on reserve with SKYW- I want to be based out of Chicago as well, but thats only after a year of equipment lock to transition to the CRJ to get o'hare--

Does anybody know if Skywest comes to its employees to see after a year if they want to transition before hiring outsiders???
Is there a chance to get SLC as a new hire EMB-120 hire for reserve?
Someone once told me to get that 4th bar ASAP do whatever it takes and get that 4th bar.
I'll personally kick you in the nuts if you switch from Skywest to XJET. Happy Trails!
XJet does have some significant uncertainty in their future.
Stay where you are. In the long term it won't matter if you are flying a prop or a jet at this stage in your career.
Quote: XJet does have some significant uncertainty in their future.

For now, only 25% of XJet's future is uncertain.
you act like 25% is insignificant
Quote: For now, only 25% of XJet's future is uncertain.

It would be 100% of any and all new hires....
Quote: XJet does have some significant uncertainty in their future.
we all have uncertainty in our future........your not void pal!
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to