Right Seat Cargo Jobs

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I am currently flight instructing (CFI,CFII) with 400 total time and 40 multi-engine. I'm looking to move on as soon as possible. (So my family can eat and my bills can get paid) Anyone have any suggestions for a right seat cargo job with my hours or a little more than my hours. I'm willing to move, but michigan, ohio, indiana, illinois area would be great.

Thanks,

UNDGUY
Try Airnet.
I spoke with a gentleman from Airnet that said they will hire for there "SIC Program" as low as 900 TT but not much less than that. I'm not sure how true that is. If anyone has any first hand information it would be appreciated.
I called a few months back and asked about that too. I was told to apply at 500 hours and I believe you will get a phone interview. Then you should keep updating and then they will give you the formal interview around 900-1100 hours or so. I was told 1050 at the time I called. As a piston PIC you can make 30K your first year. Beats the pants off 19K at the regionals. And I believe upgrade to captain on the Lear is much faster than capt upgrades at the regionals. I plan to instruct until I have the time and the definitely apply.
Try Air Cargo Carriers.
Quote: I am currently flight instructing (CFI,CFII) with 400 total time and 40 multi-engine. I'm looking to move on as soon as possible. (So my family can eat and my bills can get paid) Anyone have any suggestions for a right seat cargo job with my hours or a little more than my hours. I'm willing to move, but michigan, ohio, indiana, illinois area would be great.

Thanks,

UNDGUY
Don't count on cargo paying any bills that's for sure.
Relative to flight instructing salary it has to be better. I'm making mcdonalds wages right now and im putting in 60 hours a week

Quote: Don't count on cargo paying any bills that's for sure.
You should also look into Central Air Southwest, largest operator or ac500
twin commanders...bases throughout the middle US, was a good place to
work when I was there, not sure how it is now...
Quote: You should also look into Central Air Southwest, largest operator or ac500
twin commanders...bases throughout the middle US, was a good place to
work when I was there, not sure how it is now...
Is their "FAA Authorized SIC Program" a pay to fly deal? They have an online application that asks: "How many hours would you like to fly with CAS?" I'm not into any type of pft. I'll put in my time as a flight instructor until I get hired by a company that will pay for my training. If it's not pft it looks like a good place to apply.

Thanks UNDGUY
Quote: Is their "FAA Authorized SIC Program" a pay to fly deal? They have an online application that asks: "How many hours would you like to fly with CAS?" I'm not into any type of pft. I'll put in my time as a flight instructor until I get hired by a company that will pay for my training. If it's not pft it looks like a good place to apply.

Thanks UNDGUY
Yeah I got the packet in the mail a few days ago. They want 3500 for the training and then after you have completed that they will sell you 50-100 hour blocks for 45 an hour.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to