UPS ANC Newbie Gouge

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
ANC crashpad
I will be commuting up to ANC (for UPS) and have been trying to get a hold of any crashpads with Alaska Airlines flight attendants. If anyone has a phone number for their crew lounge, I would greatly appreciate it or if you know of some females who have a place near the airport or downtown (by the Marriott) would be ideal, that would be of great help. Thanks.
Pre-dinner cocktail
The 515 Cocktail Club on 4th, just north of F Street is a fantastic place to start out your evening. The Gas Light and The Pioneer Club on 4th are also good spots. I have standards, but they are very low.
fbh
Quote: The Gas Light and The Pioneer Club on 4th are also good spots. I have standards, but they are very low.
fbh
High marks for honesty! You'd feel right at home in Spenard.
Quote: I will be commuting up to ANC (for UPS) and have been trying to get a hold of any crashpads with Alaska Airlines flight attendants.

I've had the extact same thought for several years but ... I could never convince my wife it was a good idea. She's usually a good sport, not sure why she won't just relax and see this my way?

Mark
Quote: I've had the extact same thought for several years but ... I could never convince my wife it was a good idea. She's usually a good sport, not sure why she won't just relax and see this my way?

Mark

I keep picturing a crashpad full of the girls from that TV show Charmed.
More like the Golden Girls.
Bernie's is a good bar with excellent talent. It was better when it was a small martini bar but has since expanded into more of a club-type joint. They managed to retain some of the charm by keeping bocci (sp) ball in the back yard.

I went to high school with all the bartenders at F street so I try to steer clear of there. But I must second fbh's rec for the Pioneer Bar. All locals and some good pool/dart games going. I have a special fondness for the Pio as I did my 21st birthday there. Do not come to Pioneer if you're scared of bar fights or people puking in the bathroom.

As far as crashpads go I know alot of guys do the Inns and B&Bs because they can be done nighty and provide transportation. Puffin Inn and Inlet Towers maybe? I'm sure someone can clear that up.

Above all remember what being Anchorage based means: No flying disputed pairings and no autopilot 'till cruise.

Cheers
I was up there on usaf reserve trip this winter a couple of times. billeting put us up in the Voyager Hotel. The gvmt rate was only $29 mid winter, and its right downtown, walking dist to humpies, a bar I think call northernlights on 3rd st (...they have shuffle board and pool), and all the rest. I bet you could get that rate as a regular.
Good ole Chilkoot Charlies...college-aged females abound!
How is ANC for married couples?

Is it a good place to have kids?
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to