CommutAir

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 11
Go to
Quote: I remember getting a phone call from Commutair back in '08 to set up an interview... then the b@$%# never called me back or returned any of my phone calls... I wish they put me in touch with someone competent... maybe I'd be flying with them instead of futilely hunting for another job at a regional...
I'm sure your charming personality had nothing to do with it
Quote: I'm sure your charming personality had nothing to do with it
no.... it didn't.... I got a phone call from them... they left a voicemail... I never so much as talked to them... so I have every right to be ****ed at them... It's all on them... I did absolutely nothing wrong...
ALPA News Release

REALLY?! I was under the impression that contract negotiations were happening and things were supposed to get BETTER, not WORSE! Anyone have any more internal legit info on what's likely to happen here?
Anyone at CommutAir commute? How difficult is it, and what do you do about parking where you commute from since they don't pay for parking if it's not your base? Hmm... thanks for any info.
Quote: Anyone at CommutAir commute? How difficult is it, and what do you do about parking where you commute from since they don't pay for parking if it's not your base? Hmm... thanks for any info.
I commute, a lot of people commute. I just pay for my parking out of base. My airport is reasonable ($30/mo, unlimited), others aren't so lucky. It just depends on where you live.

You just have to be responsible about commuting, we don't have a commuter protection policy yet... that's tied up in contract negotiations. Our only commuter protection right now is our sick time.
Quote: I commute, a lot of people commute. I just pay for my parking out of base. My airport is reasonable ($30/mo, unlimited), others aren't so lucky. It just depends on where you live.

You just have to be responsible about commuting, we don't have a commuter protection policy yet... that's tied up in contract negotiations. Our only commuter protection right now is our sick time.
Alright, that sounds pretty reasonable, thanks for the reply!
Just got hired into the pool in late October. Said I should expect a possible Jan 2011 class date since they don't want to start new classes during the holidays. Anyone else hear about classes?
Quote: Just got hired into the pool in late October. Said I should expect a possible Jan 2011 class date since they don't want to start new classes during the holidays. Anyone else hear about classes?
Word around here suggests the possibility of a Jan class. The sims are pretty backed up right now for new hires. I'm sure something will be scheduled soon, we could probably use another class soon.
Ok, just got the email tonight! January 10th, 2011 class date.
Quote: Ok, just got the email tonight! January 10th, 2011 class date.
Congrats, ya... just heard yesterday afternoon, class of 6 either on Jan 10 or 17th. Guess it's the 10th. See ya in a few months!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 11
Go to