CommutAir

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 11
Go to
Haven't seen/heard anything lately about CommutAir. I have an interview coming up soon, and was wondering if anyone here has interviewed recently and might be able to provide some insight as to their experiences, etc.

"OMG! Why would you wanna work there?!" <-- Ok, it's been done. I know the pay sucks, so save those comments for a different thread
What are your times? I had my resume walked in and didn't hear anything from them.
Great group of folks here, everyone is pretty close. The Dash is a fun airplane to fly and we get to use it in some pretty challenging conditions. Upgrade time is running about 3 years right now, but it is looking like that will decrease as attrition has increased recently. They are trying for a new hire class of 8 on the 25th, one upgrade class is in progress and another is planned for next month. 2 guys were just hired today.

I know what everyone says, the pay/work rules are bad, blah.. blah.., but it is what it is. We are working on improving as much of that as we can through our ALPA contract negotiations that are in progress now. The people here really make it worth coming to work. The pay is low, the upgrade is pretty quick and you get some good experience. I actually like it here and look forward to hopefully upgrading in the next couple of years.

From what I'm hearing, interviews are mirroring the gouges on willflyforfood.cc. Study up and you'll be fine. Good luck!
My times are around 1600/380. Had it walked in about 3 weeks ago or so and just heard back this past week. I know someone who interned there about a year ago and they said they really liked the company, so I am looking forward to it. Hopefully the pay situation will get better with time...
How are those 300's coming? I interviewed a while ago and got placed in the pool. They offered me 3 classes but I turned them all down because I had gotten recalled from my other airline. I remember they were saying the 300's were just around the corner which is why they were trying to fill a pool of 150+ pilots. They said if I wanted back in to just let them know and I would have to reinterview. Does CommutAir have any upgrade requirements such as a total time requirement?
Quote: My times are around 1600/380. Had it walked in about 3 weeks ago or so and just heard back this past week. I know someone who interned there about a year ago and they said they really liked the company, so I am looking forward to it. Hopefully the pay situation will get better with time...
That's when I had mine walked in, too. Oh well. Good luck!
I've got a little F16 time, and Saab and CRJ time. Former Captain for Southwest. Can I get a job there?
Quote: I've got a little F16 time, and Saab and CRJ time. Former Captain for Southwest. Can I get a job there?
Over Qualified lol!
Quote: I've got a little F16 time, and Saab and CRJ time. Former Captain for Southwest
...is your name Tim by chance?
Quote: I've got a little F16 time, and Saab and CRJ time. Former Captain for Southwest. Can I get a job there?
So has anyone confirmed this....TM at Commutair?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 11
Go to