FDX Substitution

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Was looking for some info on sub. I was selected for jury duty (postponed many times) and ended up on a trial (I know I screwed up!) Well the trial knocked out a 19 hour trip which was OK since I was paid for 18 hrs. However the trial has extended on to monday. I had a 79 hr trip that starts sunday which was dropped due to the conflict. It is in open time now and is a sweet trip so look if interested.

I am now on sub starting tuesday if the trial finishes as expected now. I looked at the flow chart, am I better to decline sub and try and pick up an OTP trip or take my chances and decline a sub trip then elect OTP?

I commute so sub is not good.

Thanks for any help or recommendations.
Quote: Was looking for some info on sub. I was selected for jury duty (postponed many times) and ended up on a trial (I know I screwed up!) Well the trial knocked out a 19 hour trip which was OK since I was paid for 18 hrs. However the trial has extended on to monday. I had a 79 hr trip that starts sunday which was dropped due to the conflict. It is in open time now and is a sweet trip so look if interested.

I am now on sub starting tuesday if the trial finishes as expected now. I looked at the flow chart, am I better to decline sub and try and pick up an OTP trip or take my chances and decline a sub trip then elect OTP?

I commute so sub is not good.

Always elect otp. You get 125% and priority on any open trips. You also get 2 months to pick up a trip. It's a no brainer, especially if you are a commuter. IMO, good luck!
Quote: Always elect otp. You get 125% and priority on any open trips. You also get 2 months to pick up a trip. It's a no brainer, especially if you are a commuter. IMO, good luck!
Assuming you are on a plane with sufficient open time. Some of us have almost no open time, much less 79 hr worth of decent trips.
Quote: Assuming you are on a plane with sufficient open time. Some of us have almost no open time, much less 79 hr worth of decent trips.
True Dat! He's a MD-11 F/o and they have plenty of open time.
Quote:
You answered your own question. Sub isn't good since you commute so pick up the OTP trip at 125%.

Guilty or not?
Just remember, 2 months from now they will take 79 hours out of your pay. Your OTP will be in the next bid months mid month pay check after you pick up the trips. So if you make it all up in the first month you'll have a huge pay check at the mid month but then might have a 0 pay check at mid month the following month. If this made sense.
Quote: Just remember, 2 months from now they will take 79 hours out of your pay. Your OTP will be in the next bid months mid month pay check after you pick up the trips. So if you make it all up in the first month you'll have a huge pay check at the mid month but then might have a 0 pay check at mid month the following month. If this made since.

I know it made a lot of "since" to me?
I went ahead and elected OTP. So now I am a slave to the open time screen. The standard 40 CH ANC HTSBY should come in so I will jump at that. Maybe someone will get anal glaucoma on a good trip and I might be able to pick that up. I have two weeks to play with so should be OK.

I will not spend the big payday knowing that I might have $0 in another!

Thanks for all the info.

Case still in progress so I cannot comment. Will update after it is over. It has been interesting.
Quote: I know it made a lot of "since" to me?
just waiting to see if anyone would catch it.
Quote: I went ahead and elected OTP. So now I am a slave to the open time screen. The standard 40 CH ANC HTSBY should come in so I will jump at that.
There's one in there now for Sat.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to