Eskimo Ipads at Alaska Air

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
It's not 04MAY yet......
I have one of the first ipads and the battery life in great. I would presume that your maps and manual pages will mostly be text. Unless the pilots are watching movies in the cockpit an ipad will last several LONG nonstop flights. On average mine is good for 2-3 days before charging is needed on day to day use.
That's good to know about the iPad's battery life.

Watching movies, reading books, & playing Angry Birds on the company-issued iPad = disciplinary action. So, as long as our pilots are using the iPad for what it's intended for, the battery should last a long time.

Quote: I have one of the first ipads and the battery life in great. I would presume that your maps and manual pages will mostly be text. Unless the pilots are watching movies in the cockpit an ipad will last several LONG nonstop flights. On average mine is good for 2-3 days before charging is needed on day to day use.
Quote: That's good to know about the iPad's battery life.

Watching movies, reading books, & playing Angry Birds on the company-issued iPad = disciplinary action. So, as long as our pilots are using the iPad for what it's intended for, the battery should last a long time.
You mean doing that while flying, right? They haven't prohibited any of that when you are not in the air.
Quote: You mean doing that while flying, right? They haven't prohibited any of that when you are not in the air.
I don't know about you, but I won't be putting anything personal on that device... no movies, books, or games. Of course, they will definitely hang you if they probe your iPad and see that you were screwing around while flying. But, why not play it safe and just avoid any kind of hassle by keeping the device clean?

I know it's a matter of time before the company hangs a pilot or two for violating the terms of the FOM with the iPad. Yes, I am paranoid, but I don't think that's a bad thing when it comes to this issue.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to