ATL ASA Crew Bag Room Theft

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
I wonder if anyone has been caught in any of these crew lounges. Curious to know if pilots are stealing from pilots.
I think it's past due to get lockers to store our bags. If we can't trust our fellow co-workers then what's left?

I'll even pony up my own 5 bucks for a lock.
Quote: It's most likely a ramper. It was in Chicago.
Quote: Had a hat stolen and my head set was taken out of my bag.

I highly doubt it was a pilot, most likely a ramper somehow or maybe even a flight attendant. At least I would hope it was not a pilot.
Do you think pilots are less likely to commit crimes? I don't think you have data to support such a contention. After all, pilots (even major airline pilots) have been convicted of even the most heinous crimes (murder (one case involved a wood chipper and another involved dismemberment) hijacking, child molestation, kidnapping, theft, larceny etc...you name it, pilots have done it. Pilots aren't any more morally superior than those in other lines of work.
We (Delta) had an issue in our ATL crew room so the chief pilot's office put in cameras. Not sure what the outcome was or if they caught the thieves.
Quote: We (Delta) had an issue in our ATL crew room so the chief pilot's office put in cameras. Not sure what the outcome was or if they caught the thieves.
They have been talking of doing this for a while. Things have been getting stolen on a regular basis, in large quantities for about 2 years now. I'm surprised at how little attention this has gotten. I don't even know why anyone would want to leave something in there. I dropped off a new bag for a friend that just had his stolen from the bag room. The new bag was in there for a couple of hours and was stolen too. That's ridiculous.

Don't know how effective cameras would be though. Given the layout of the room, there are a lot of hiding spots.
Quote: They have been talking of doing this for a while. Things have been getting stolen on a regular basis, in large quantities for about 2 years now. I'm surprised at how little attention this has gotten. I don't even know why anyone would want to leave something in there. I dropped off a new bag for a friend that just had his stolen from the bag room. The new bag was in there for a couple of hours and was stolen too. That's ridiculous.

Don't know how effective cameras would be though. Given the layout of the room, there are a lot of hiding spots.
Maybe it's time to call the ASA FBI to investigate....crew "room check"
Crew bag theft is serious business. The company needs to get cameras in there ASAP. Uniforms, bags, headsets, charts, security codes...etc...are sensitive materials and should not be allowed to fall into illicit hands for illicit purposes.

Petty thieves should simply have their hands chopped off.
We had this issue with Pinnacle's Crew room in DTW. There's a few camera up now, i'm not sure if they still have issues.
EWR too, IAH too. Rampers, fuelers, and bus drivers walk through. They do what they know best in their life style. Steal. They want the easy way in life, thats their nature. When you are waiting to be marshalled in becuase they are too lazy to be there when you get there, they probably in crew room taking my stuff!
Quote: EWR too, IAH too. Rampers, fuelers, and bus drivers walk through. They do what they know best in their life style. Steal. They want the easy way in life, thats their nature. When you are waiting to be marshalled in becuase they are too lazy to be there when you get there, they probably in crew room taking my stuff!
your generalization is disgusting and shameful.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to