Republic is interviewing

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Your going to drop being in ATC to be a regional FO? I mean if its your dream go for it, but thats a hell of a paycut.
About 85% the way I figure it. I'm tired of feeding from the federal trough. Its been a good run - got home every night while the kids were growing up. At this point its not about the money obviously - just miss flying and am weighing my options.
I got the call this morining as well. Anyone know what bases are junior?
Quote: I got the call this morining as well. Anyone know what bases are junior?
GRR/MKE for CHQ
LGA for Shuttle

Doubt any hiring for Republic for awhile, DEN would be slim to none for a new hire
Quote: About 85% the way I figure it. I'm tired of feeding from the federal trough. Its been a good run - got home every night while the kids were growing up. At this point its not about the money obviously - just miss flying and am weighing my options.
"Here's your sign"...
Quote: GRR/MKE for CHQ
LGA for Shuttle

Doubt any hiring for Republic for awhile, DEN would be slim to none for a new hire
GRR is shrinking and on death watch. MKE needs people badly. ORD will probably get a few as well.
Quote: GRR/MKE for CHQ
LGA for Shuttle

So I take it that you go to the interview and don't know which certificate you are interviewing for. When do they tell you?

Can you tell them at the interview that you want to hold out until a particular certificate opens up?
How are bases bid? Can you move once you hold enough seniority?
Quote: So I take it that you go to the interview and don't know which certificate you are interviewing for. When do they tell you?

Can you tell them at the interview that you want to hold out until a particular certificate opens up?
How are bases bid? Can you move once you hold enough seniority?
They tell you when they offer you a class date, they asked me what I would prefer, but I wouldn't tell them you wish to hold out. They are trying hard to fill classes and will probably pass on you if you demand too much. Get a class date then try to switch things around.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to