US Airways informing interviewees

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8 
Page 8 of 8
Go to
Quote: I had a friend interview this week and they never heard a yes or no. Does anyone who interviewed recently know how long it takes to find out if you are hired? Stressful to say the least...
Last June it took me about 5-6 weeks to hear for a yes. Some of the nos I know of had a response within a few days, some others got it after 6 weeks at the same time the yes calls went out. There's no way to read into it and know.

I know the wait is stressful, but the best is to tell your friend to try to relax and stress over it. So far I'm very happy to be here, and the next new hires will go to all three narrow bodies.

Good luck to your friend!
Thanks for the info. How is the morale in reality there? Have always met incredibly nice people that work there, mostly East, and a few West. Hard to imagine any of them posting some of the things I've read on forums!
Quote: I applied back in April. It took them 8 months but they finally responded today with this:

"Dear xxxxxxx ,

We appreciate your interest in the Pilot - First Officer EMB190 position for requisition 12816 in Philadelphia . At this time, we have determined that this position is no longer available.

Thank you for applying and we encourage you to visit our career site at US Airways | Work with Us for future opportunities.

Kind Regards,

Recruitment and Selection
US Airways

**This is an automated response-please do not reply to this e-mail**

The following is for non-HTML enabled mail clients:

{PS LOGO}"

So does this mean there is no more hiring?

I got the same email, but then received an email a couple of months later saying it was a mistake and to re-apply if I was still interested. I did, and now the waiting game begins.
4  5  6  7  8 
Page 8 of 8
Go to