Whats up with bringing so much stuff on trips

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I see so many RJ pilots that bring exhorbinant amounts of crap with them on trips.

You see someone walking through the terminal toting an overnight bag, flight case, headset bag, laptop case, and gigantic lunchbox cooler. Sometimes a backpack included too. What is this, a 4 day trip or a Mt Everest expedition? Those huge lunchbox coolers sure don't help our image here either, people look at crews as they walk through the airport, do you want to look like a well dressed professional or someone who lives at home with mom and dad?

Then you all choose to bring it into the cockpit with you. That area between the seats of the airplane is for feet. Its for getting into and out of the cockpit. I don't want to sprain my ankle trying to step over/around your igloo sized cooler that you have taking up the entire cockpit floor space. Not only that, but the entire airplane can see into that part of the cockpit, and I'd rather inspire more confidence in our passengers than have them think their pilots are on a high school field trip.

And all that stuff behind your seat? Good job blocking critical emergency equipment.

The weight and balance form says exactly what is supposed to be in the cockpit - you and your flight kit. Put your overnight bag in the back and leave the other 2-4 items at home! If you must bring something additional into the cockpit, make it be reasonable and keep it out of the way.
Ladies and gentlemen, Capt. Jerry Seinfeld!
You're kidding, right?
It's called food, last time I checked people need it to survive, and most regional airlines dont pay enough to warrant overpriced airport food.
lolwut,
This is the worst post Ive ever read on any forum. You are an idiot, plain and simple. I never post or respond on here, in fact until now , the last time i did was Sept 21st 2010. There are a lot of good threads and useful info posted on here, but this was just STUPID. First off, Ive seen everyone in this industry from NETJETS to Regionals to FEDEX to Mainline crews bringing bags and things that are necessary to help them out on their trips for the next 1,2,3,4 ,7 10 day trips or whatever the time away from home they will be. Oh and just to let you know I do bring my rollaboard, chart case, mini laptop bag and a BIG HUGE lunch cooler. The biggest and the best bro. Why you ask? Well I dont live at home with Mommy and Daddy, but because I cook and bring my own food so I can save money and eat healthy. I ve been in the industry 5 years and counting and I dont plan on changing what I bring, nor do a lot of other pilots and flight attendants I work with. So Guy get a life get a clue , find something else to worry about.
Can I also add the lame lanyards that some of us professionals choose to hang our IDs on? Discuss amongst yourselfs..
Quote: Can I also add the lame lanyards that some of us professionals choose to hang our IDs on? Discuss amongst yourselfs..
For example?
Quote: For example?
ALPA lanyards
And seriously, "Help our image"

What image am I supposed to portray? I'm a fifth year first officer making $34,000/yr living in the DC area with a $1,000/mo rent, student loans and car payments. LUCKILY at the age of 27 I have decided not to marry and pump kids out.

So I'll walk around the airport with my lunch box and make sure my investment in my laptop doesn't get smashed in my bag. While your mom and dad are buying you an iPad2 for Christmas, ask them to donate one for us! That way we can throw that disposable income in our flight case!
Sounds like someone needs a Twix bar "timeout".....
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to