F14 vs. F18

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Yeah the rest is Tanker gas to get them anywhere!!! HAHAHAH jk
True
TankerBob, that's not far from the truth. We love it when you guys pass gas! As for Quailemans comments...... The only thing being "supersonic" gets you, is further from the FIGHT!
why do i need a title?
Or closer to it At riddle there was a huage aviation library and database, i remeber reading something on how the F-18 got spanked in a joint exercises with german mig-29s, think i saw it on TV to. I also remember reading on how the airforce got spanked by the israiel (sorry if i cant speel) airforce in joint exercises to. The US airforce complained because they didnt have a awacs to help with those BVR missle shots.

Now i no expert, but this was just from some observational reading.
Quote: Or closer to it At riddle there was a huage aviation library and database, i remeber reading something on how the F-18 got spanked in a joint exercises with german mig-29s, think i saw it on TV to. I also remember reading on how the airforce got spanked by the israiel (sorry if i cant speel) airforce in joint exercises to. The US airforce complained because they didnt have a awacs to help with those BVR missle shots.

Don't always believe what you read........
I think it is more about the stand off weapons and counter measures these days. Other than that, 18 is higher than 14 so it is obviously better.
Quote: I think it is more about the stand off weapons and counter measures these days. Other than that, 18 is higher than 14 so it is obviously better.
That's funny
Quote: i remeber reading something on how the F-18 got spanked in a joint exercises with german mig-29s, think i saw it on TV to. I also remember reading on how the airforce got spanked by the israiel (sorry if i cant speel) airforce in joint exercises to. The US airforce complained because they didnt have a awacs to help with those BVR missle shots.

You need to find different sources to read.

As far as Isreali BVR tactics???? Their entire country is smaller than most of the ranges the US trains on every day. If you simply look at the kind of missiles Isreal sinks their money into you'll realize that BVR is really not their emphasis.
Quote: You need to find different sources to read.

As far as Isreali BVR tactics???? Their entire country is smaller than most of the ranges the US trains on every day. If you simply look at the kind of missiles Isreal sinks their money into you'll realize that BVR is really not their emphasis.
Also they are not very good at DACT.........that is when they fight someone competent.
Quote: Also they are not very good at DACT.........that is when they fight someone competent.
I'd like to know more about your experiences flying against the IAF.
Quote: I'd like to know more about your experiences flying against the IAF.
I PM'd you a brief anecdote.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to