New York ILS Rwy 22 SA CAT I

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote: The HUD is required to be down on all DAL takeoffs as well, but it is not due to tail strikes. Apparently there was a number of cases of it coming unlatched and hitting guys on the head, so they just require it to be down on all takeoffs.
That would leave a mark.....

"Smoke 'em if you got 'em" is what I say. If it's there, why not use it.....
Quote: The HUD is required to be down on all DAL takeoffs as well, ............
Not true.....
Quote: What about the FO?? They get to fly?? (sarcasim dripping)

AA (and all other United States NG operators that I know of) only has them on the CA's side. Stating the obvious, but the CA using it under the terms mentioned above when he/she is flying.....or monitor through the HUD when he/she is the PNF as I would guess.

The only dual HUD (CA/FO) on a Boeing 'Part 121' a/c that I know of is going to be on the B787....saw it in the Sim in IAH this week.
How's that Kiffin guy working out for ya? Ya'll are gonna win some championships when all the probation stuff is over... But I hope Orgeron gets run over by a truck.
Quote: It means if you have a HUD equiped airplane you can use 150' RA and 1400 RVR if you treat it like a CAT II/III approach.
To further elaborate:

SA CAT I procedures with a decision height (DH) as low as 150 feet (height above touchdown zone
using radar altimeter (RA) Minima) and 1400 Runway Visual Range (RVR) visibility minimums
to runways that do not have touchdown zone (TDZ) lighting, centerline (CL) lighting, and/or an
approach lighting system with sequenced flashers (ALSF-2). The flight crew, aircraft, and headup
display (HUD) must be approved for CAT II operations, and the approach must be flown
using the HUD to DH.
Quote: How's that Kiffin guy working out for ya? Ya'll are gonna win some championships when all the probation stuff is over... But I hope Orgeron gets run over by a truck.
Not working out too bad! At his present institution, AD-Pat Haden can keep him on a leash unlike his last job out East.

I predict an 8-4+ season....not too bad since this is the last yr of 'penality in post season', and the NCAA's sanctions have fall'in quite short of their "intended expectations".

Is 'ol 'Duddly' Dooley gonna lead your bunch to a "500+" season this year?....Florida in 2 weeks!

BTW....After serving as "Tenn's Rep" down in GRU this week, I'm surprised that you didn't recruit any sideline cheer talent for the Vol's this year!
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to