FedEx Simulators

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Great Thai place in South Haven also.
Don't go South! Go north on Airways (turns into Parkway) 3 or 4 miles. Take a left on Young St and at the intersection of Cooper & Young streets(the area is called mid-town) there are several great bars and restaurants.
Celtic Crossing, Cafe Ole, Soul Fish cafe, Young Street Deli, and several others.

South is just OK, and a longer drive!

Disco, lives out East/// I live South and have a house in Mid-Town... go north.
Quote: .. go north.
"Go North"! ........I thought Texas fought on the southern side? Your great grandfather, Gen RT Lee-Jackson-Longstreet-Stuart-Hood-Davis, CSA, is rolling in his grave!
Quote: You evidently did not stay at a hotel near the airport, and the MD11 sims are not on the same property that the DC10 sims that you trained in are located. If your company cannot provide you with a hotel in a better locale, and transportation to and from the sim, then you will be SOL. You would be better off living in a van, down by the river.......
I thought the-11 sims were there too, You are correct,We didn't stay at the airport. Seems like they did have a Caravan sim though, Sorry different location!
That is the Pan Am facility. That's where the ex Delta MD-11 will be set up. It's just a couple of months that we'll be using either FedEx or Centurian in Miami. The company put us up in Germantown then.

Quote: I thought the-11 sims were there too, You are correct,We didn't stay at the airport. Seems like they did have a Caravan sim though, Sorry different location!
Concur with "go north" comments. Southaven is mostly fast-food and standard "chains", though Mi Pueblo on Elmore and Goodman is a family favorite. Two "Dives, Drive-Ins and Diner" hosts that i wouldn't miss are Tom's BBQ and Uncle Lou's Fried Chicken. I only go to UL's at lunchtime, as it's a war zone. Lots of ANG and ties there during lunch. Enjoy!
Definitely had to mid-town. Boscos on Madison has a very good Sunday brunch. The Celtic Crossing is an Irish pub with really. really good food, not to mention the waitresses provide good eye candy. there are many other spots in mid-town and worth the 4 or 5 mile drive. I live in Olive Branch MS. but go to Memphis for good food.
Thanks to all who responded. My company had a chage of plans and we are back to the Germantown area. See you at 0400
Congrats.......
If G'town's the case, leave the piece at home as well as the flak jacket.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to