Fdx Back End Deviation Question

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
On a recent trip, I took the scheduled deadhead on the front end. Accepted fare $412, Actual fare $625. Back end I decided to deviate: Accepted fare $440, my deviation $418. Question from a non commuter who hasn't dealt with this scenario before, Do I owe the company $191 like my expense report is saying? I assumed that I was $22 under for my leg I deviated on and that's that. Or does it work taking the total Accepted fares minus total actual fares to arrive at the difference? Little help?
Quote: On a recent trip, I took the scheduled deadhead on the front end. Accepted fare $412, Actual fare $625. Back end I decided to deviate: Accepted fare $440, my deviation $418. Question from a non commuter who hasn't dealt with this scenario before, Do I owe the company $191 like my expense report is saying? I assumed that I was $22 under for my leg I deviated on and that's that. Or does it work taking the total Accepted fares minus total actual fares to arrive at the difference? Little help?
Make sure you are putting the front end expense submission as a scheduled and not a deviation expense. If that's not the problem, you may need to input a discrepancy for the front end expense and get the approved amount changed to match the actual fare.

Bottom line, you should not owe any $$ for your situation.
Quote: On a recent trip, I took the scheduled deadhead on the front end. Accepted fare $412, Actual fare $625. Back end I decided to deviate: Accepted fare $440, my deviation $418. Question from a non commuter who hasn't dealt with this scenario before, Do I owe the company $191 like my expense report is saying? I assumed that I was $22 under for my leg I deviated on and that's that. Or does it work taking the total Accepted fares minus total actual fares to arrive at the difference? Little help?
No, you don't owe them anything. Make sure that you select "yes" on the expense report as $418 will be taxable income. Just one more thing that needs to be fixed in the next contract.

Cheers,
fbh
Quote: No, you don't owe them anything. Make sure that you select "yes" on the expense report as $418 will be taxable income. Just one more thing that needs to be fixed in the next contract.

Cheers,
fbh
No it isn't. Unless the expense was to or from his home to or from MEM (or other base if not MEM based).
Quote: ... Just one more thing that needs to be fixed in the next contract.
This was driven by the IRS, not the Company. How are you planning on fixing that in a contract with the Company?

Just asking.
Quote: This was driven by the IRS, not the Company. How are you planning on fixing that in a contract with the Company?

Just asking.
He lives in domicile. It does not apply to him
I ate some bad Mexican food and had a back end deviation.
I didn't think I owed anything to the company either; however i see at the bottom of the Fox report saying amount owed to company $191 and it makes me nervous. Just wondering if I should submit it that way, or get an approval from a higher up, or include a comment/clarification. Btw, i live in MEM, just deviated to get home sooner.
Click on Discrepancy for the Front end DH. They need to adjust the fare of your scheduled DH. You should owe nothing.
Quote: No, you don't owe them anything. Make sure that you select "yes" on the expense report as $418 will be taxable income. Just one more thing that needs to be fixed in the next contract.
That made diet coke come out my nose!!!
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to