Business Cards

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but what do people put down as their position on their business cards? I'm thinking of making some (don't know who I'd be giving them to other than to my friends) but I'm not sure what to call myself. "Pilot" sounds a little too short, but is that what most people go by? Some other ideas are "first officer" or "jet pilot" but I'm not too sure of those either. If you have a business card with a cool sounding title, I'd love to hear them. "Captain" or "Embraer Captain" sounds good, but unfortunately, I'm still an F/O... So what do people put down?
Why would you need a business card? Are you hiring yourself out on the side?
He has a good point. I got some when I first got hired by a major because I was so damn proud of myself. But soon I realised I don't need them. Alaska give us a kind of by-fold card with, "From the Captain" on the front. I think I may have used one once. I think I gave it to a pax for helping out in a medical emergency. That was probably a good use. These days, however, I don't really care much to interact with the pax.
Quote: I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but what do people put down as their position on their business cards? I'm thinking of making some (don't know who I'd be giving them to other than to my friends) but I'm not sure what to call myself. "Pilot" sounds a little too short, but is that what most people go by? Some other ideas are "first officer" or "jet pilot" but I'm not too sure of those either. If you have a business card with a cool sounding title, I'd love to hear them. "Captain" or "Embraer Captain" sounds good, but unfortunately, I'm still an F/O... So what do people put down?
I would think "Tool" would suffice....
The only reason to have a card would be hand out to the hot passengers on board, 99 out of 100 of whom will discard it thinking, "what a tool"! Of course, that wouldn't stop me.....

But I don't have such cards anyway. If you have them made, just put "Pilot" on them.
If you are going to use them on young women in a bar, then that is a different situation.
But skip being a pilot, be aSUPER HERO!
Skirtinstorms,

Before all the other airline folks jump down your throat and this thread goes totally downhill, I'll add my two cents, since there are some positions where business cards are appropriate.

FWIW, I carry cards in my current job as a corporate pilot, mainly to give to my passengers so that they can coordinate the return flight and any changes in the itinerary. I also carried cards at my former employer (IDE) since they provided a good way to encourage people to buy tickets during the startup marketing of the airline. I've also come across plenty of other pilots that have legitimate reasons to carry business cards.

Here are some of the titles that I've seen on various cards:

Pilot
Captain
Corporate Pilot
Senior Captain
Flight Officer
Chief Pilot
Director of Aviation
First Officer
Flight Instructor
Airline Transport Pilot

Here are a few "creative" ones that I've seen over the course the past few years:

Aerodynamic Systems Controller
National Air Transport Supreme Aircraft Commander (NUTSAC)
Flight Control Manipulator
Ramen Noodle Survivor
My card says,

High Speed Aluminum Tubing Technician
ROTFL!!!

Thanks for all your responses. You are probably right that I will have very little if any use for business cards. I just wanted one that I could give to my friends who I already know, but I guess I could get those at the local Staples.

I do like the "Ramen Noodle Survivor" title, though.
Line Pilot
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to