CommutAir Rumors and Info

Subscribe
225  275  315  321  322  323  324  325  326  327  328  329  335  375  425 
Page 325 of 541
Go to
Hold on to your butts. All ewr 145 arrivals and departures will be out of terminal A beginning this Thursday.
Quote: How many are in each new hire class?
There were 4 in the last class, and I will venture to say that you will see this type of number to be the norm.
Quote: There were 4 in the last class, and I will venture to say that you will see this type of number to be the norm.
Assuming that is all they need to staff, which obviously it isn't. There is good career progression here but in the end, money talks. People fresh out of college and in debt are going elsewhere for a reason. They have been targeting captain-ready pilots for so long, it'll be interesting to see how they plan to attract those 20-something CFIs. Now that UAL is a part owner, they might be able to invest a little more in their recruiting efforts, so to speak.
Quote: There were 4 in the last class, and I will venture to say that you will see this type of number to be the norm.
There are 8 - 10 scheduled to go for the next few classes. How many show up might be different.
Keep in mind that the company said it would be running smaller class sizes while they work on getting the training backlog sorted out.
Quote: There are 8 - 10 scheduled to go for the next few classes. How many show up might be different.

Guess that's better than 4, but still, Nowhere near what we need just to handle the growth, let alone attrition.

I hope to god we can pull this off, but I'm not very optimistic at this point. Im actually surprised people are arguing about how many actual airframes we are or aren't suppose to get.....at this point, we're just trying to keep our head above water with the dozen or so that we have.
Quote: Keep in mind that the company said it would be running smaller class sizes while they work on getting the training backlog sorted out.
That may be true, but 4!? That's not us running small classes, that's us not getting enough appplicants.
Cramming more people into a pipeline with clogs at sim availability won't deliver aircrew to flight decks any faster.
Quote: Cramming more people into a pipeline with clogs at sim availability won't deliver aircrew to flight decks any faster.
^^^This^^^

They are deliberately slowing down. And that's a good thing. Company needs a breather.
Good on 'em. Management that can learn and react to problems. Bodes well for the company and its employees!
225  275  315  321  322  323  324  325  326  327  328  329  335  375  425 
Page 325 of 541
Go to