Horizon Pilots Increase Pay Rates

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote: I agree. I think Horizon is safe.. SkyWest looked at the Q but for them to get into it this late in the game, is proving hard.. Expensive, 28mil a plane when our 900's are 23-4ish. Plus no major wants to contract anything more then 5-7 years. Hard to justify buying a 20-30 year lease when you can only get a 5 year contract.. If anything if Horizon's managment is smart they should be able to pull in a 20-30 Q contract form United... Maybe..
Horizon's "management" is simply a mouthpiece for Air Group. Alaska wants Horizon to be its cheap virgin *****: no other johns and no backsass.
I just have to ask this question but the last 4 QX flights I've been on have been called "Alaska Airlines". How does that work out? I mean, it's different seniority lists but the same company and name? How long before the rampers disappear and Menzies takes over because that's cheaper? Then the gate agents? Then the lines continue to fade.....

I'm curious to how this plays out for both sides of the flight crews. Will this make it possible for other airlines to fly the Alaska side of business is both are now Alaska? If Horizon pilots are flying for Alaska Airlines then doesn't that make them Alaska pilots?
Quote: I just have to ask this question but the last 4 QX flights I've been on have been called "Alaska Airlines". How does that work out? I mean, it's different seniority lists but the same company and name? How long before the rampers disappear and Menzies takes over because that's cheaper? Then the gate agents? Then the lines continue to fade.....

I'm curious to how this plays out for both sides of the flight crews. Will this make it possible for other airlines to fly the Alaska side of business is both are now Alaska? If Horizon pilots are flying for Alaska Airlines then doesn't that make them Alaska pilots?
Do you not understand how almost every other code share/regional relationship works? There are hundreds of flights every day that are marketed as "XXX Airlines Express/Connection/etc." that have no connection other than a paint job to the mainline carrier.

What is happening at Alaska/Horizon, as far as the flight crews a concerned, is a well worn path amongst almost every mainline carrier out there.
Quote: I just have to ask this question but the last 4 QX flights I've been on have been called "Alaska Airlines". How does that work out? I mean, it's different seniority lists but the same company and name? How long before the rampers disappear and Menzies takes over because that's cheaper? Then the gate agents? Then the lines continue to fade.....

Our FOM says we're to call it "Alaska Airlines flight XXXX, proudly operated by Horizon Air"...same as DCI, Eagle, etc.
Quote: Our FOM says we're to call it "Alaska Airlines flight XXXX, proudly operated by Horizon Air"...same as DCI, Eagle, etc.
Actually Eagle is the only "regional" left that calls itself by it's name. The agents board American Eagle flight XXX, we welcome our passengers aboard American Eagle flight XXX, and we thank them for flying American Eagle flight XXX. Our paint job is also different from American.
Quote: Just to clarify on this, all pilots receive a 2.8% increase next year and for 2013 FO's will receive another 1.2% increase.
^ That looks like a paycut to me- especially when factoring in inflation and 5 years without a new contract. Anything on backpay or bonus pay in the ruling?
Quote: Anything on backpay or bonus pay in the ruling?
No, this style of arbitration for pay scales was set forth in the contract we passed last year. So now that years 2-3 have been decided we will go back to baseball style arbitration for years 4-5 of the contract.
Quote: The way I look at it these guys still voted in a turd. While they gained a meager increase in pay, they took a paycut when they allowed the 401K to be reduced by 4% after 3 years.

Correct me if Im wrong.
You are wrong about the 401k, the reduction goes like this: 10% 2011, 8% 2012, 6% 2013 and beyond, not 4%.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to