Silver Airways

Subscribe
395  445  485  491  492  493  494  495  496  497  498  499  505  545  595 
Page 495 of 683
Go to
Quote: Well that sure is interesting. Wonder how many people will bail because of it.
"Only the beginning" thought that was appropriate for the moment.
Quote: "Only the beginning" thought that was appropriate for the moment.
"Begin with the end in mind" would be more appropriate.... I wonder how those pink engines will look parked in the desert.
Quote: So if the the DEC's are staying on captain pay and being duel qualified does this mean all FO's above the most jr dual Q'ed captain first officer combo will get bypass pay?
Quote:
Quote: I recently received the conditional offer of employment and I am 90% sure that I will accept. Next class starts in Feb. I have 800T 100ME.

I briefly worked for CommutAir. Didn't hate it and learned as much as I could.

All of the regionals look even more unstable now than they did a year ago. Unless you want to work for GoJet, pickings are slim. With new ownership and what seems to be a good attitude, I am hoping Silver Airways will at least be around for a few years. This job will never be secure the way the feds are regulating and the internet encourages low fares but what are some people's opinions about starting with Silver now instead of waiting until the regional mess clears up. (something's got to give).

I turned down GLA based on financial reports and Eagle was the only other airline that contacted me. I didn't want to just take the first offer as I want to at least make CA before getting laid off. (I know, I have high standards...)

My financial situation is good and I am not dependent on the salary. I am not a CFI and my long range goal is corporate.

Should I subjugate my life to be a regional FO in trade for experience and turbine time? If so, is Silver any worse than anybody else? I think Silver will be successful but I may be missing something.
Don't do it Terrance! You will never upgrade and just be stepped over and then on!
So uh, anyone got that number for that truck driving school....truck masters?
Quote: So uh, anyone got that number for that truck driving school....truck masters?
Pass it on if you do!
Quote: So uh, anyone got that number for that truck driving school....truck masters?
I hear upgrades at Waterski are going pretty junior

...but seriously, how bad was it....because that's what I've heard. Apparently there's a few 2013 hires in the left seat due to most FOs not having 1000 121 time
395  445  485  491  492  493  494  495  496  497  498  499  505  545  595 
Page 495 of 683
Go to