Silver Airways

Subscribe
398  448  488  494  495  496  497  498  499  500  501  502  508  548  598 
Page 498 of 683
Go to
Quote: Dual Qualified DECs could be promoted to check airmen.
I think you have to be senior enough to hold CA in order to do that. The company is talking about dual-qualifying the DECs so that they have more people available to fly left seat if they run out of "regular" CAs and need coverage. They will probably make sure all of us who are about to upgrade are also dual-qualified for the same reason with FO coverage. If you are on reserve, get ready for months where you may bounce between seats from one trip to the next.

As far as pay goes, the contract doesn't specifically say anything about how it will be handled with dual-qual, but unless you actually operate a leg as a CA during a month, expect to only be making FO pay. The CBA does state that your pay rate will be based on your status, and you won't be able to bid as a CA. I expect Saab FO reserve to be a hot ticket for the recently downgraded in the months to come, as it will likely be the only way to see left-seat pay until they can upgrade again.
Quote: I expect Saab FO reserve to be a hot ticket for the recently downgraded in the months to come, as it will likely be the only way to see left-seat pay until they can upgrade again.
Yeah... I highly doubt that the downgraded DECs will intentionally bid reserve.

Most will be long gone by then.
all jokes aside, how exactly do you get hired by Silver? I have been called by basically every airline BUT them and I have my ATP, typed in the Saab and currently flying it.
Quote: all jokes aside, how exactly do you get hired by Silver? I have been called by basically every airline BUT them and I have my ATP, typed in the Saab and currently flying it.
Better question is "Why the hell would you want to?"
eventual FL base and it's not a bad plane to fly
Check your PM
check this out ppl

Airline Financial Analysis - Audries Aircraft Analysis
If y'all haven't checked your Company email in the past day, check it, there's important and time-sensitive stuff in there for TDYs.
Quote: If y'all haven't checked your Company email in the past day, check it, there's important and time-sensitive stuff in there for TDYs.
I dont see anything... Last thing I got was about fire extinguishers...
I need to change my password...
398  448  488  494  495  496  497  498  499  500  501  502  508  548  598 
Page 498 of 683
Go to