Fedex - deep breath on the rest rules

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: I think the ALPA motto is "Got Mine."
More precisely, it is "got mine, screw the next generation". It is part of the AFL CIO affliation requirement. See UAW, NEA, AFSCME, et al.
Commuters
Guys,

If you commute you should keep your opinion to yourself as these rules are for a lifetime.

Your "convenience" shouldn't enter into the argument because you may decide to quit commuting next week....THEN WHAT
Quote: Guys,

If you commute you should keep your opinion to yourself as these rules are for a lifetime.

Your "convenience" shouldn't enter into the argument because you may decide to quit commuting next week....THEN WHAT

I'm trying to figure out what you're saying here but...
Regardless, I'd rather be dead than move my family to Memphis so for me, the rules are for a lifetime with respect to my career at FedEx.
Quote: Guys,

And you could end up commuting next week*.... THEN WHAT

*move to care for sick parent, move to seek unique special medical care for a child, etc etc life can be funny that way.
He's only got 4 to go.
Not trying to stir the pot, just curious...

Has there been a pro/con evaluation done as to how Part 117 would affect us, specifically at FedEx?

I understand the concerns from both sides, but was wondering if there is a document that clearly displays the effects of the new regulations (good, bad, indifferent)?
Quote: Not trying to stir the pot, just curious...

Has there been a pro/con evaluation done as to how Part 117 would affect us, specifically at FedEx?

I understand the concerns from both sides, but was wondering if there is a document that clearly displays the effects of the new regulations (good, bad, indifferent)?
Chairman's (SS) email of 12/30 basically says they're working on such an evaluation. In the next paragraph he also says he's already sent a letter to Fedex urging them to voluntarily "opt in"

So, I guess if they finish the evaluation and decide they don't want it, he'll have to send another letter and urge them to opt out.

Let the knee jerks continue.............
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to