Masters but no Bachelors...barrier to entry?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
FYI:
Make sure that when you do an "on-line" degree that it is not some whimsical degree. It needs to be from a reputable and "accredited" university or college. Look at DAL's requirements, and they basically state what sort of accreditation they are looking for. ERAU works, but some of the other on-line programs will be deemed unsat. Do not waste your money on one of those degrees, it will get you no where fast.
Also there are many airlines here that do not require a four year accredited degree. World, and Atlas come to mind.
Well, let's just say in the US an ATPL is not a Bachelor's degree. I cannot say what employers would think.

GF
There is an international college accreditation system which should cross reference your school's program and identify it as legit.

Majors don't care so much about the content of the degree, but they are very wary of fraud so you will have to show that your program is legit.

I would imagine that a masters would be an acceptable substitute for a bachelors, but you might have trouble with the online application.
Many applications have you check "Highest Level of Education Completed: GED / High School / Associates / Bachelors / Masters / Doctorate"

Many will also ask for dates for each institution of higher learning, to include addresses, cities, phone numbers, or some combination of these.

If your degree is comparable to roughly 6-8 years of full-time study, I would think you can check "Masters" and fill out all other information truthfully, then see where the chips fall. You'll want to discuss it in the interview as well.
Why don't you apply to British Airways and see how they treat it.
Online classes have been great for me. I went to a traditional college for 2 years and was very skeptical of online schools. Turns out, I like it. Very interactive and easy to use, and im actually retaining the material. Driving to class for 2 years seems like such a waste of time now.
Quote: Why don't you apply to British Airways and see how they treat it.
As I've previously stated, my stuff is in with BA, however, they aren't currently hiring. If only it were that easy...

Plus I have a family over here, I can't just up and leave at the drop of a hat.
Thanks for all the constructive replies. I'm looking at a number of schools. Riddle seem horribly overpriced for what they offer, but there seem to be some very good options out there.
Quote: There is an international college accreditation system which should cross reference your school's program and identify it as legit.

Majors don't care so much about the content of the degree, but they are very wary of fraud so you will have to show that your program is legit.

I would imagine that a masters would be an acceptable substitute for a bachelors, but you might have trouble with the online application.
Well no problems proving it to be legit. City University London is one of the biggest universities in Europe.

I'm thinking I might go to a job fair and try and get some answers from the recruiters. The US is about the only country in the world that requires a degree, no matter what quality, in order to tick boxes during pilot recruitment.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to