Flightworks Afghanistan?

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 6 of 7
Go to
Quote: Oh yeah, I can attest.

I'll never forget the day the burn pit smoke litterally made my lungs burn inside like never before. Great stuff...
What the heck is a "burn pit" for us semi dumb asses?
It is what it sounds like. A pit outside where anything and everything is burned. Tires, food, trash, amputated body parts, etc. When the wind blows, the whole place stinks. KBR still faces a lawsuit for cancer causing burn pits in Iraq.
Quote: It is what it sounds like. A pit outside where anything and everything is burned. Tires, food, trash, amputated body parts, etc. When the wind blows, the whole place stinks. KBR still faces a lawsuit for cancer causing burn pits in Iraq.
Don't forget medical waste.
Pilot wages
Pilots are paid more for what they will do over what they can do. Fly a dash 8 in the states and make 18k per year. Put your life on the line and severely compromise your personal life and you can earn more.

Aviation is not a profession but a trade. I bet that American plumbers in Afghanistan make over 150K.

Skyhigh
Quote: Pilots are paid more for what they will do over what they can do. Fly a dash 8 in the states and make 18k per year. Put your life on the line and severely compromise your personal life and you can earn more.

Aviation is not a profession but a trade. I bet that American plumbers in Afghanistan make over 150K.

Skyhigh
The guy maintaining the laundry facility in KAF was making more than me (military officer). Like 3 times more.
Where do I get my laundry type rating?!

Probably want 2000 hours in type...
Quote: Pilots are paid more for what they will do over what they can do. Fly a dash 8 in the states and make 18k per year. Put your life on the line and severely compromise your personal life and you can earn more.

Skyhigh
Are you saying that as if contracting work is a bad thing? Or simply stating that the reason the money is good is because of the **** we go through?

And the guy managing the Eco laundry in KAF probably made a good amount. But there is a line where those type of positions (such as a plumber) goes to what's called a TCN (third country national)... they average about 25,000 USD a year, 2 weeks off a year, and have 1-3 year contracts... but hey, most of them go home rich with that type of money in their country.
Quote:
You wouldn't really know anything about any of those things now, would you? You never made aviation a profession, and you've never worked in Afghanistan, have you?

Are you a plumber, or simply a gambler that bets on what you don't know?
^^^^ he's just a troll, probably laughing at all the responses. Seriously, some of his posts are just copy and pastes of the same comment across many threads. I've got to think trolling the board violates the ToS here, but I'm not a moderator. It's easy for me to ignore his comments because I know better, but his existence here does a real disservice to the younger guys new to the board and looking for advice.
This message is hidden because SkyHigh is on your ignore list.
2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 6 of 7
Go to