Colgan or Republic?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
Quote: Oh Shy... Been to Toronto lately? take a trip over to bombardier, there you'll see 5 count them 5 new Q400s with United livery on them....
Which is absolutely meaningless until they are sitting at YOUR ramp in IAH or EWR with your butt attached to that seat!
Quote:
While Shy brings up the dreaded and absolute worst case scenario; he's not wrong.

But United has made it clear they want the Qs. I would put money on it that they're not going anywhere. And I'd say with confidence that we'll get more when we start parking the super-slaabs ... Whenever that may be.
United can still have Qs, but nothing says they have to be at Colgan. Have you seen the windown agreement? While I haven't, there's no doubt it gives United the flexibility to find another Q operator (my bet would be Commutair) to slowly start taking deliveries with financing from Bombardier/United and at cheaper rates than Pinnacle Corp. That's the whole point of a wind down agreement, it allows the legacy carrier options to find new regional operators with a reasonable timeframe.

Also, your scenario needs to have numbers attached to it. 31 Qs, minus 31 Saabs, and then the potential plus 5 Qs. I still count a negative 26 aircraft.
Quote: United can still have Qs, but nothing says they have to be at Colgan. Have you seen the windown agreement? While I haven't, there's no doubt it gives United the flexibility to find another Q operator (my bet would be Commutair) to slowly start taking deliveries with financing from Bombardier/United and at cheaper rates than Pinnacle Corp. That's the whole point of a wind down agreement, it allows the legacy carrier options to find new regional operators with a reasonable timeframe.

Also, your scenario needs to have numbers attached to it. 31 Qs, minus 31 Saabs, and then the potential plus 5 Qs. I still count a negative 26 aircraft.
Dude we are NOT in a winddown agreement, get your Almighty facts straight. Commutair will not be getting our Qs.
Quote: Which is absolutely meaningless until they are sitting at YOUR ramp in IAH or EWR with your butt attached to that seat!
Its YOUR ramp also
Quote: Its YOUR ramp also
Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing. Shy, you're my brother (or sister). You don't have to like me but you gotta love me.
ShyGuy... It's not your flying,

it's your attitude.

The enemy's dangerous, but right now

you're worse. You're dangerous and foolish.

You may not like the guys flying with you, they may not like you

but whose side are you on?
Quote: ShyGuy... It's not your flying,

it's your attitude.

you're worse. Dangerous and foolish.

You may not like who's flying with you,

GoJets of course....
Quote: ShyGuy... It's not your flying,

it's your attitude.

you're worse than the enemy. You're dangerous and foolish.

You may not like the guys flying with you,

they may not like you

Much needed levity, LOL! Thank you sir (or ma'am). Oh and, fixed it for you.
Everyone is detracting from the original thread topic. The original poster asked about Republic vs Colgan, and we would be doing him a disservice if we didn't at least bring to light the fact that the CEO has mentioned all our props are running on a loss, and if we don't come to an agreement with United, the Colgan flying could be cut. Nothing is official, but the OP needs to know that.
Quote: Everyone is detracting from the original thread topic. The original poster asked about Republic vs Colgan, and we would be doing him a disservice if we didn't at least bring to light the fact that the CEO has mentioned all our props are running on a loss, and if we don't come to an agreement with United, the Colgan flying could be cut. Nothing is official, but the OP needs to know that.
You are correct but you stated that as fact in your first post... Again.

Republic may be losing some CHQ flying too on the CO side and Frontier and they have furloughed the past 2 winters... It is a total crap shoot
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to