Post 9/11 GI Bill - 10k for Flight Training

Subscribe
Does anyone on here use the Chapter 33 (Post 9/11) GI Bill for flight training at a non-university flight school? I am specifically wondering how the $10,000 per year reimbursement affects our remaining entitlement.

Under the old GI Bill, any reimbursements (for example, for the 60% flight training reimbursement), it took out one month of remaining entitlement for each $1390 (or whatever the monthly reimbursement was for that year) that you got reimbursed. But with the Post 9/11, there's no set monthly amount - so how do they decide how many "months" you have used up when you request a flight training reimbursement?

I have gotten 3 different answers from 3 different VA reps - so I am wondering if anyone out there has actually gotten a reimbursement AND seen for sure how it affected their remaining months of entitlement.

Thanks!!
http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/mi...ml#post1126639

Try here

$10,000 equates to 12 months of benefits. $30,000 of flight training equates to 36 months of your benefits being used up.
Quote: Does anyone on here use the Chapter 33 (Post 9/11) GI Bill for flight training at a non-university flight school? I am specifically wondering how the $10,000 per year reimbursement affects our remaining entitlement.

Under the old GI Bill, any reimbursements (for example, for the 60% flight training reimbursement), it took out one month of remaining entitlement for each $1390 (or whatever the monthly reimbursement was for that year) that you got reimbursed. But with the Post 9/11, there's no set monthly amount - so how do they decide how many "months" you have used up when you request a flight training reimbursement?

I have gotten 3 different answers from 3 different VA reps - so I am wondering if anyone out there has actually gotten a reimbursement AND seen for sure how it affected their remaining months of entitlement.

Thanks!!
I would look to enroll in a VA Approved School of higher learning who works with a local club to get you enroll and maximize your 9/11 gi bill. Do some research, but I would never use the 9/11 GI Bill to take flight training at a non-university.
I would do what ever I felt it was worth.. And drop your reflector belt off at the door. Thank you for your service.