FDX Union Politics

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to
Quote: Yes, and my $62,000 727 Captain pay would be $118,000. Jeez, that looks like the average ALPA Captain pay today.
Foxhunter, Are you really trying to argue that non-union pilots make more than organized pilots?
Quote: Foxhunter, Are you really trying to argue that non-union pilots make more than organized pilots?
Just a statment of FACT. UNION pilots at Tigers received a huge pay increase when NON-UNION Federal Express bought them.
Foxhunter,

Of all the people that shouldn't be complaining about unions (or ours specifically) is you. FDX ALPA singlehandedly pushed for giving over 60 engineers the ability to fly as pilots until age 65. I'd say that was a pretty good windfall.

But in between shoulder surgeries I'm sure you forgot about that.
Huck,
You are right, I feel so at home here.
Quote: Just a statment of FACT. UNION pilots at Tigers received a huge pay increase when NON-UNION Federal Express bought them.
Probably would have been a bigger pay increase had Wolf had his way with a non-union Flying Tigers.
Quote: Probably would have been a bigger pay increase had Wolf had his way with a non-union Flying Tigers.
Union or Non-Union, Mr. Wolf get everthing he wanted. Jump out in front of a tractor trailer doing 70mph on I40. You'll get the picture. That is how it looked at Tigers. Appears to be the same here. I'm sooo shocked!
Quote: Just a statment of FACT. UNION pilots at Tigers received a huge pay increase when NON-UNION Federal Express bought them.
So, FDX paid more than Tigers for less than 3 years, from Nov 1986 until T-Day, Aug 1989.

What about the 40 years prior to that? Ever heard of Delta + a nickel? The FDX pilots have been riding the coat-tails of ALPA contracts from their birth.

And by the way...How is it you flew 3 weeks every month on the 727 at Tigers? It was week on-week-off for everyone else. Maybe the planet that you came from had 6 week months?
Wow! My original post went off track within two replies. Wonder if that sort of irrelevancy is what's occurring in our union meetings too?
Sorry, I tried.
Funny how the thread just died.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to